Seidio Surface case

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
About to order the case tonight. Is it a great case or should I go with what I know (Otter box)... only reason I'm leaning towards Seidio is extra bulk on OB Defender

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought rhe seido active case and holster. It's nice but I don't like how much rubber is exposed from the plastic. I just ordered a defender for mine yesterday

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Best Buy version of the Surface as well as the Defender. I am a big OB fan, having had the Defender on both my iPhone 4S and my GS3. I bought the case from BB in the interim while waiting on my Defender. Once I received my Defender I was actually a little disappointed that it made the phone too big for me. It added too much weight, thickness and width to the point that it felt uncomfortable to hold and on my belt. The Surface is barely noticeable on my belt and it barely adds any thickness or width. The other issue with the Defender, IMO, is the space above the screen made it a bit more difficult to write with the S-Pen.

The obvious downside of the Surface is that it will not protect as well as the Defender and the soft touch plastic case is too slick. The Defender has the nice tactile feel and will protect the phone from a nuclear event, almost.

I haven't returned my Defender yet and I will probably give it another try for a couple days, but I went back to the Surface after only two days with the Defender. I think that it is very much personal preference here, mainly because of the size of the phone. It you want to try the Surface and you have a BB near you, go try to Platinum case / holster. It's only $34.95 which is cheaper than Seidio. It's the same case, just rebranded for BB.

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have both the Best Buy version of the Surface as well as the Defender. I am a big OB fan, having had the Defender on both my iPhone 4S and my GS3. I bought the case from BB in the interim while waiting on my Defender. Once I received my Defender I was actually a little disappointed that it made the phone too big for me. It added too much weight, thickness and width to the point that it felt uncomfortable to hold and on my belt. The Surface is barely noticeable on my belt and it barely adds any thickness or width. The other issue with the Defender, IMO, is the space above the screen made it a bit more difficult to write with the S-Pen.

The obvious downside of the Surface is that it will not protect as well as the Defender and the soft touch plastic case is too slick. The Defender has the nice tactile feel and will protect the phone from a nuclear event, almost.

I haven't returned my Defender yet and I will probably give it another try for a couple days, but I went back to the Surface after only two days with the Defender. I think that it is very much personal preference here, mainly because of the size of the phone. It you want to try the Surface and you have a BB near you, go try to Platinum case / holster. It's only $34.95 which is cheaper than Seidio. It's the same case, just rebranded for BB.

Ok will check BB before I look at seidio... does magnet effect s pen?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the Surface case and I haven't had any issues with the S-pen. If your worried about really good protection then OB is your best case otherwise the Surface will handle the light protection just fine.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't noticed any S-pen issues with mine until I just tried it now. Very slight difference right around the magnet with the kickstand in the closed position. The writing seemed a bit thinner.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've purposely tested my S Pen with the kickstand on my ACTIVE case in the closed position and I have yet to see any signs of interference whatsoever.

I have actually seen pictures of people's screens where they drew lines out using the pen to demonstrate how the magnet affects the way the pen works and I see it definitely is there. Just I have not experienced anything negative at all with my SEIDIO ACTIVE case.

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I really like this case got it today. .. no interference with the s pen... but frankly how do you get this d*** thing apart? Maybe a stupid question but this thing is super glued on here! !!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It gets easier with time!!! Push down right above the separation on the bottom part of the case. You will hear a slight pop indicating that it is released. After about 4 or 5 times it is a piece of cake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Active case and holster first. Did not like the feel and the size. Made the phone bigger. So I got the Surface case and holster. I am so much happier:)

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I really like this case got it today. .. no interference with the s pen... but frankly how do you get this d*** thing apart? Maybe a stupid question but this thing is super glued on here! !!

Yeah it is a pain the first few times, I pulled the top piece out and away from the phone right where the two pieces meet from the front side this gave me a gap and I worked my fingernail toward the center, then where the "tab" is you can pull the top part "up" from the back of the phone. You'll hear a pop and it should slide off.

If I had to do it again (and I should have known this, because I had a Seidio for my HTC Inspire) I would recommend putting it together with out the phone and working it out a bit by putting it together, flexing that spot and pulling it apart.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is a pain the first few times, I pulled the top piece out and away from the phone right where the two pieces meet from the front side this gave me a gap and I worked my fingernail toward the center, then where the "tab" is you can pull the top part "up" from the back of the phone. You'll hear a pop and it should slide off.

If I had to do it again (and I should have known this, because I had a Seidio for my HTC Inspire) I would recommend putting it together with out the phone and working it out a bit by putting it together, flexing that spot and pulling it apart.

I find that if you press down and then push together (like your trying to put it on even tighter - if that were possible) then while still pushing down just pull apart.

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, at first it was a pain in the rear but after a few tim it's like butter now. Thanks ppl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38