My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
you would be surprised by how many people do and how dumb they are to even give their address, which makes our jobs so much more easier

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP was just bringing this scam to everyone's attention. I don't understand trashing them for trying to raise awareness. The tone in which some posters responded to the OP was not called for, in my opinion. Come on Android people, don't go down that road, let's keep it cool here. :cool:

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't going to say anything further because I don't want sarcasim or anyone being rude. I do call Verizon fraud dept Monday. I emailed a copy of the message that was sent to me. Within 10 minutes of sending the email I was contacted by a level 1 fraud employee. Doesnt matter where or how the message is sent. They take these things seriously. She told me it will be investigated and they do have measures of tracking. She told me this happens more than we realize and they don't laugh at the complaints they receive.
They are glad to receive complaints regarding their customers. Said its good that customers reach out to them. Today's technology crap happens. Its unfortunate. And there are ppl who fall victim.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

stryfetew

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
The deductible. No way would I ever. Ppl do scams and unfortunately some do fall prey. Hope no one falls into the trap

Wow that's more of an insult on top of it being a scam all together.. Going to risk you going to jail for just the price of replacing it and not trying to offer anymore for taking the risk IF you even remotely considered doing it. What's the world coming to.. Sigh..

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I mean no disrespect but any company will say what u want to hear to feel like you are being listened to and what not. They may go forward with it but I don't think they will, it will cost them money for nothing.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's more of an insult on top of it being a scam all together.. Going to risk you going to jail for just the price of replacing it and not trying to offer anymore for taking the risk IF you even remotely considered doing it. What's the world coming to.. Sigh..

Exactly! But there are naive ppl who might fall for the scam.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
lol Me and my dad had some fun with a guy that tried to scam us a little while ago. He called as someone from Microsoft saying he saw we were using non-genuine software and he wanted to get us to fix it.

Now, I obviously knew this was BS about 5 seconds in but I decided to troll him for the fun of it. I called him out on how they must have a big server to be able to watch millions of PC's all over the world 24/7 to watch for this sort of thing. XD He hung up about a minute later, what a lowlife.

Good job letting us know about this guy/girl. (Even if some people around here only thank you by trolling the thread.)