Purchased Bestbuy accidental protection plan today

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My GN2 start to scare me (sd card, issue, malware apps, battery has been weakend after the update). so Best buy sold me a 10 bucks a month accidental protection. does anyone has this , and is it working. they said there is no deductibles so that is cool.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My GN2 start to scare me (sd card, issue, malware apps, battery has been weakend after the update). so Best buy sold me a 10 bucks a month accidental protection. does anyone has this , and is it working. they said there is no deductibles so that is cool.

I just got my note 2 yesterday and I have Verizon's totally equipment coverage. That is 6.99 per month. But I think Verizon would replace with a certified like new. If best buy is charging 10 per month and they say no deductibles for a new phone if something was to happen to your phone then it may be worth it. Only if it's a new phone with unlimited replacements for how ever long you're paying for that service.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can pay for 2 years at once for $170. Turns out to be $7 a month. If you sell the phone, they will prorate it. It may take them a few days to a week to get the replacement , based on the complaints that I have read online. Verizon can get you a phone overnight, but may cost. Advantage is no deductible and no claim limit. Also, you have to go to the store to get service from best buy, Verizon, you can call it in

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You can pay for 2 years at once for $170. Turns out to be $7 a month. If you sell the phone, they will prorate it. It may take them a few days to a week to get the replacement , based on the complaints that I have read online. Verizon can get you a phone overnight, but may cost. Advantage is no deductible and no claim limit. Also, you have to go to the store to get service from best buy, Verizon, you can call it in

I had a claim recently and I got my phone overnight and didn't have to pay anything extra.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my note 2 yesterday and I have Verizon's totally equipment coverage. That is 6.99 per month. But I think Verizon would replace with a certified like new. If best buy is charging 10 per month and they say no deductibles for a new phone if something was to happen to your phone then it may be worth it. Only if it's a new phone with unlimited replacements for how ever long you're paying for that service.

It could be new or refurbished

" if we determine, at our sole discretion, that your product cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a new or refurbished product of like kind and quality that is of comparable performance or reimburse you for replacement of the product with a voucher or gift card, at our sole discretion, equal to the current market value of the product, as determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your product, including taxes"

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a claim recently and I got my phone overnight and didn't have to pay anything extra.

I have gotten some overnight, some standard shipping, with the option to pay extra for overnight or 2 day

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my note 2 two days ago at best buy also purchased the protection plan. Went ahead and payed full price for it.

Also it was cheaper to pay full price now than the 10 dollers a month but if u dont have money for the whole protection at once then 10 is still a good deal

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have used the BB plan on other devices and I would not be without it. You do have to wait a day or two, but it is unlimited coverage and 0 deductible. At 170 for 2 years it's worth it.

Shimmy00

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy $10 a month will protect against everything, but if it gets stolen. You're SOL. With Verizon it's $7 and it protects against everything AND if it gets stolen. "I'm okay with a $100 deductible on a $800 phone." I only paid $99.99 for my SN2 anyways.

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't do it. They changed what they said when I came in the day after my return date expired. Just stick with the total coverage one for $6.99 per month with Verizon, unless you just want an extra backup insurance for peace of mind and have money to blow.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten some overnight, some standard shipping, with the option to pay extra for overnight or 2 day

Usually you can talk them into giving ir to you for free. I always tell them I have 4 lines and been with them for about 10 years and it always has worked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2