SD Card Storage Question...

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so this phone (and maybe all Jelly Bean devices?) will not let me store apps on the card, right? What I want to know is this: Is there an easy way to move everything possible to the card without rooting the device?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this phone (and maybe all Jelly Bean devices?) will not let me store apps on the card, right? What I want to know is this: Is there an easy way to move everything possible to the card without rooting the device?

Unfortunately No. Root is a must here because you can't even access where the apps are without rooting your phone. And for the record Android has had the ability to do apps to SD since Froyo(2.2) I believe. However for some strange reason Sammy decided not to include it in this build.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately No. Root is a must here because you can't even access where the apps are without rooting your phone. And for the record Android has had the ability to do apps to SD since Froyo(2.2) I believe. However for some strange reason Sammy decided not to include it in this build.

My VZW Note 2 only has 16GB.(actual available is a lot less, of course) I do have a 64 GB Sandisk Micro SDXC card, but since the apps can't be installed there, it's of no use for that purpose. Rooting is not possible because I need to use my Note 2 to access corporate stuff.(rooted phones is blocked out)

My Note 2 is now down to 1.3GB of available space because I have a lot of stuff on it. (including offline navigation that I need becasue most places that I drive to have zero voice or data signal from Verizon, or from any other carrier, for that matter)

Is there another way around this problem beside rooting? Too bad Verizon doesn't sell a 32GB version. :(

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My VZW Note 2 only has 16GB.(actual available is a lot less, of course) I do have a 64 GB Sandisk Micro SDXC card, but since the apps can't be installed there, it's of no use for that purpose. Rooting is not possible because I need to use my Note 2 to access corporate stuff.(rooted phones is blocked out)

My Note 2 is now down to 1.3GB of available space because I have a lot of stuff on it. (including offline navigation that I need becasue most places that I drive to have zero voice or data signal from Verizon, or from any other carrier, for that matter)

Is there another way around this problem beside rooting? Too bad Verizon doesn't sell a 32GB version. :(

My advice, root your phone and use Divide. We block rooted phones as well but Divide seems to work around that problem. And it's free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member