Asurion does not want the Note 2 back after it was dropped in unflushed toilet(#2)

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Asurion does not want the Note 2 back after it was dropped in unflushed toilet(#2)
apparently it's now considered bio-hazard material.... :(

It's almost dinner here in California, so I won't elaborate.... at least Asurion has already
shipped out a replacement via overnight.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you blame them? I can honestly say I'd be embarrassed to tell them this but I guess we found a way to not send it back!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
A couple months ago my daughter hands me her iPhone and her OB Commuter case and says "Dad, can you help me put my case back on? It's too hard for me." I ask why she took the case off in the first place, knowing how hard it was to get the rubber back around the hard shell. When I ask her she immediately starts crying. (12 year old hormones starting to kick in). Now I ask what happened and she tells me it fell from her back pocket as she stood up from the toilet. This, as I am holding the phone and case in my hands. I ask if she cleaned it and she said she wiped it with a towel after she fished it out of the "water". Then I asked her what she did with the towel and she said she hung it back up. Kids!!!! I then proceed to clean the phone with a sanitizing wipe, wash the case in very hot soapy water and let it all dry. 24 hours later I turn on the phone and it works like a charm. We got lucky!

S**t happens, lol!

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh Geeez. Ok, Clean the Note II the best you can with cleaning wipes. Put it in a bag of white rice over night and try to power up the phone. If it powers up and works for a day or two with zero problems, then you have a working Note II that you could sell on ebay or something. Just let the buyer's know it fell in a toilet. I?m sure someone will still buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Geeez. Ok, Clean the Note II the best you can with cleaning wipes. Put it in a bag of white rice over night and try to power up the phone. If it powers up and works for a day or two with zero problems, then you have a working Note II that you could sell on ebay or something. Just let the buyer's know it fell in a toilet. I?m sure someone will still buy it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

I guess there are some desperate people out there. The thought of this makes me shiver LOL. No used phones for me. Thanks for ruining it Ha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Funny thread. :) Myself, I hate used phones if for the only reason the thought of other people's skin oils (and dead skin) embedded in the device grosses me out. Yuck. I even try to limit that stuff on my own phone! :-[ That's why I have to have brand new in the box untouched by anyone but the manufacturer. :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is the mied still good?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

They probably killed the esn so you can't use it on Verizon anymore but since it's sim unlocked you can use it on another network. ....Just root it and enable the apn editor

I would sray it down a couple times with lysol and use it. People are being way to dramatic

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped many phones in toilets..really ... my razr fully immersed for a sec, worked for as new.. I've had good and bad luck.but never did i tell asurion it was in the toilet..it got wet, they don't need to know how! But at least you get an extra battery if it still works!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
A couple months ago my daughter hands me her iPhone and her OB Commuter case and says "Dad, can you help me put my case back on? It's too hard for me." I ask why she took the case off in the first place, knowing how hard it was to get the rubber back around the hard shell. When I ask her she immediately starts crying. (12 year old hormones starting to kick in). Now I ask what happened and she tells me it fell from her back pocket as she stood up from the toilet. This, as I am holding the phone and case in my hands. I ask if she cleaned it and she said she wiped it with a towel after she fished it out of the "water". Then I asked her what she did with the towel and she said she hung it back up. Kids!!!! I then proceed to clean the phone with a sanitizing wipe, wash the case in very hot soapy water and let it all dry. 24 hours later I turn on the phone and it works like a charm. We got lucky!

S**t happens, lol!

What is it with girls and putting their phones in their back pockets? My daughter does the same thing.