I Finally Got a Note

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been suffering along with a Galaxy Nexus since May and it finally got so bad it was virtually unusable, so yesterday I took it in to see what could be done. The only options I had were to send it in for replacement with a reconditioned Nexus or use my partner's available update and get a new phone, I chose the latter.

The Note was what I had really wanted when I got the Nexus, but at that time Verizon didn't have it and no one knew when or if they would get it.

I'm having a good time figuring out how everything works on this one and I'm thrilled to actually have some signal at home now, the Nexus had the worst radios of any phone made I think, along with signal coming and going like a breeze. While it was a beautiful phone, it was really only good on wifi and nearly useless as a phone, and the last week or so it started taking at least 5 minutes to boot and had stopped ringing, or receiving incoming calls at all.

I'm looking forward to a lot of tips about the Note. :)

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my Note II a week ago and coming from the Galaxy Nexus my first tip to you is to enjoy it for a full day before making any tweaks. I had no major issues with my Nexus but I was amazed how much better the Note II is. Congrats and say goodbye to battery saving techniques all day. This thing is a beast.

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice choice you made. Note2 is a great device.
Search Note2 on Youtube there are quite a few vids to help you on your new venture.
Edit: not sure you have the Note or Note2 but there are still many videos that can aid you

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 2, sorry for not mentioning that.

So far I love it, I haven't tried using it as a phone yet but I can get ota data, which I could never ever do with the Nexus. I also love that it has real sound. I have downloaded quite a few of my apps and just generally played around a bit. It sure is speedy.

Until last week I hadn't had a lot of issues with my Nexus either, other than absolutely no signal ever in my house, sometimes I could talk on the phone, but had to use the bluetooth headset or I couldn't hear well, but most of the time all I could do was text and even then half the time they didn't go through. It worked well away from the house until a week or two ago and then calls stopped coming in and then it started taking forever to boot up. It really was dying, and there was no way I was going to get another refurb Nexus to replace it.

I've already got a pretty good feel for this phone and am able to do pretty much anything I want, coming from another Jelly Bean phone helped with that a lot.

I suppose it will be a while before I am confident enough to leave my Ankar battery pack home though, I'm used to carrying it in my purse wherever I go. lol

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new Note 2! This is the best phone I have ever owned and the battery life is amazing!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
After a full day with the Note 2 I am very impressed. I have lived in this house for 7 years and this is the very first phone that will receive a data signal inside the house. My Droid X could get data signal at one place in the backyard, but never inside the house, and the Nexus, well you know all about that, lol. Living in the south it is important to be able to have access to at very least a doppler radar in a power outage and it looks as if I finally will be able to do that.

Of course there are a lot of other things I like very much about this phone, not the least of which is the wonderful little S pen. As a digital artist I am so happy to have a smooth flowing line with pressure sensitivity. This makes me very tempted to get the Note tablet as well, but I have to wait a bit on that.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm living in Nexus suspended animation while I wait for my contract to expire so I can get the Note 2, too. This phone makes me nuts. This is my 3rd handset (or was it four?). Anyway, I'm due for a renewal in December but I am sorely tempted to call Verizon and see if I can't coax an early upgrade into the Note 2. This Nexus loses signal multiple times a day, as has my other ones, this one just happens to be the best of 3... Anyway, I'm glad to hear you love it because I'm heading that way too as soon as Verizon lets me!

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Congrats this is the best phone I've ever had. I think it can last me for the next 2 years :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Mr Gadget, go talk with them, it will be worth it. This is the best phone I have ever had, hands down! You might get farther actually going into a Verizon store rather than calling, the people working there know how bad the Nexus is and will do what they can to help.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Mr Gadget, go talk with them, it will be worth it. This is the best phone I have ever had, hands down! You might get farther actually going into a Verizon store rather than calling, the people working there know how bad the Nexus is and will do what they can to help.

Well, I went to the Verizon store and they didn't want to touch me with a ten foot pole. They told me to call tech support and they are the only ones who could authorize it. So, I will try and call them in the morning and go from there!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went to the Verizon store and they didn't want to touch me with a ten foot pole. They told me to call tech support and they are the only ones who could authorize it. So, I will try and call them in the morning and go from there!

just keep calling when it loses signal, eventually they will offer an upgrade to something.

sent from my galaxy note 2

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok. That went over like a lead balloon... I need to reset my phone to factory and callback.
Amazon initially sent me a Nexus which was really bad. They then sent me two more in quick succession. That third phone, I took to Verizon and they swapped it out. So, according to Verizon, I've only had one phone swapped out. I rooted my phone, which they can see on their end as my phone shows up in their system as a generic Nexus. So.... I have to restore to factory and probably lock 'er up. Then, they will send me another phone. This first rep was very nice but she said an early upgrade will not likely happen. Pshaw.
I asked her about just adding another line and then cancelling the Nexus when the original contract is expired, but she said I would lose my number. Can't I add a line, and then transfer the number? She said the number is tied to the contract. Dunno.... What happened if I paid full price and got a new phone that way? I think I just got "as per information". So, I will play the game and see. I can always unlock and root over again.....

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok. That went over like a lead balloon... I need to reset my phone to factory and callback.
Amazon initially sent me a Nexus which was really bad. They then sent me two more in quick succession. That third phone, I took to Verizon and they swapped it out. So, according to Verizon, I've only had one phone swapped out. I rooted my phone, which they can see on their end as my phone shows up in their system as a generic Nexus. So.... I have to restore to factory and probably lock 'er up. Then, they will send me another phone. This first rep was very nice but she said an early upgrade will not likely happen. Pshaw.
I asked her about just adding another line and then cancelling the Nexus when the original contract is expired, but she said I would lose my number. Can't I add a line, and then transfer the number? She said the number is tied to the contract. Dunno.... What happened if I paid full price and got a new phone that way? I think I just got "as per information". So, I will play the game and see. I can always unlock and root over again.....

You could add a line, sign that contract with the note 2, activate it on the new number, then move your sim to from the nexus to the note 2. Finally add a dumb phone to the new line you just opened. Results in paying about $17 extra per month but you also get your original upgrade still.

Sent from my SCH-I605

shouse3

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Congrats your gonna love this phone I got my note2 last week also I had HTC rezound an I'm loving my note2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
We have a new security employee and he has the original Note which I had never seen. That thing is huge. Ours looks sleek compared to the original. He loves his but wishes he had the specs of ours.:p

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress