Anyone using a car mount for their device? And which one?

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this one for a couple months now. It works really well, very secure attachment to the windshield. Definitely worth $20.

Maybe it's just mine, and others are not like this. I don't like that the arm grabs the device right near (just below) the power button, occasionally blocking the lower portion of the power button...just a minor irritation.

You do know the bottom arms adjust up and down right?

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a cheap $8 one from China. Got it on eBay before name brand ones were out. Works great. Clips in place perfectly

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I have been wondering if this thing was a fluke.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I have heard these are the real deal but the sticky grip looses its effectiveness after while. No first hand experience though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I got the ibolt last night. Works very well. No shaking while driving. Took some time getting used to getting it in and out. Now it's no trouble. I'm really liking this so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd or 4th ProClip, depending on whether you count the vehicle mount. Since I already had the vehicle mount for the holder from my previous device, I just bought a new holder for the N2 and screwed it right into the swivel mount. As far as I'm concerned, while their products are somewhat pricey, this Swedish company sets the standard.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used this arkon sticky dash mount with a few different phones and I really like it. You can put it almost anywhere on the dashboard.

Slim-Grip? Ultra? Sticky Dashboard & Windshield Mount for Smartphones & Tablets (up to 8 in.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnFQHEAt3Do&list=UUG5o_SPogroxP1sX1on7BAg&index=1
Nice! It looks like it works pretty well from the video. The link didn't work for the website. I am waiting this Koomus one I just ordered from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0075...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2684836

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365121284012.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365121284012.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 60

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying car mounts for years. I think I've finally found the best combination of convenience and versatility.

I have two very different uses. When I'm the driver I don't like it on my dashboard for two reasons. 1) It's distracting. I know pretty much where I'm going to go so I only need to see the maps if it's a tricky turn. I don't want it in my face all the time. 2) When the phone is up high it's washed out and hard to see. So, for that reason I like it low, like in a cup holder.

When I'm a passenger and my wife's driving (which she likes to do on road trips) I like it suctioned to the passenger window so it's at my fingertips.

I found a way to do do both. I bout two separate items. A sticky suction mount and a cup holder flat mount that is a surface for the suction mount. They both work great and I love having the phone near my console shift. Easy to see and doesn't wiggle or vibrate.

This is the iOttie sticky suction mount I bought and this is the cup holder mount.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice! It looks like it works pretty well from the video. The link didn't work for the website. I am waiting this Koomus one I just ordered from Amazon.
Koomus Dashboard Windshield iPhone Car Mount Holder for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS iPod Touch Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Note 2 Google Droid GPS Smartphone car mount in White:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Hm, it works for me. Here it is again though:

Slim-Grip? Ultra™ Sticky Dashboard & Windshield Mount for Smartphones & Tablets (up to 8 in.)