Galaxy S IV or Note 2?

normanpie

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, I love the larger screen. That, and I got my note 2 for $37. I don't think that the s4 would be that price for some time.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Verizon's Note II for $37? The cheapest I found was at Sam's Club - $99, but currently unavailable.

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is the same thing I am going through right now . I do want that 1080 screen and the benchmarks that I see it seems that the snapdragon 600 way more powerfull then what in the note .
I wonder if those benchmarks have to deal with the software being run on the device .

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I love the large screen on the Note2...and I can't wait to hear the specs on the Note3 (when that comes out), but I have to be honest, I'm not sure I would like a screen any larger than the Note 2. Pretty soon I'll be strapping my 55" Samsung flat screen to my head to make a call or surf the web..!!

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm not sure I'd want a bigger phone than this one. If they do what they did with the S4 after the S3 -- keep the device size the same but enlarge the screen .2" more, to 5.7" -- then I'd definitely be down with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Bluehair62

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
SOS SOS... HELP!!!

I am one of those guys that's had every gadget out there. It all started with Blackberry then iPhone, then Android.... See, my problem is I want the best of the best and I want options to customize. I get bored fast!!! I am a State Farm Ins Agent and a Ice Hockey Coach by trade and deal with 75 or more emails a day. I thought the G3 was good, but the battery life and a few other issues keep me from making it my daily driver. Yes, I also have the iPhone5 and although I like it... It's boring and the screen is too small. Pardon me for also not wanting to be married to the eco system. There was a time recently that I was activating and switching between the 2 devices more than a few times a week. UGH!!! unhappy, fickle, and frustrated. What is my problem and where can I get help?

So, I bought a Note 2 this week. Did a lot of research and concluded this may be the ONE for me! After day 2 I have found this device to destroy all other phones on every level. Am I out of my mind? Will this feeling last? I know I haven't even tipped the iceberg on it's capabilities.

Will the size become an issue for me?
Will I continue to be amazed by the battery Life?
Should I sell my S3 - iPhone5?

Even the Leo from "The-Tech-Guy" says this is THE ONE for him.

Thanks,

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
SOS SOS... HELP!!!

I am one of those guys that's had every gadget out there. It all started with Blackberry then iPhone, then Android.... See, my problem is I want the best of the best and I want options to customize. I get bored fast!!! I am a State Farm Ins Agent and a Ice Hockey Coach by trade and deal with 75 or more emails a day. I thought the G3 was good, but the battery life and a few other issues keep me from making it my daily driver. Yes, I also have the iPhone5 and although I like it... It's boring and the screen is too small. Pardon me for also not wanting to be married to the eco system. There was a time recently that I was activating and switching between the 2 devices more than a few times a week. UGH!!! unhappy, fickle, and frustrated. What is my problem and where can I get help?

So, I bought a Note 2 this week. Did a lot of research and concluded this may be the ONE for me! After day 2 I have found this device to destroy all other phones on every level. Am I out of my mind? Will this feeling last? I know I haven't even tipped the iceberg on it's capabilities.

Thanks,
Sounds like you found your Daily Driver! I know I did with the Note 2! Best Phone I have ever Owned! Sell the Iphone! Perhaps keep the S3 just as a back up if you should ever need it!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's Note II for $37? The cheapest I found was at Sam's Club - $99, but currently unavailable.

It was$99 at sams club, i got it at best buy and did a pm. You could get a $50 gc on top of that if you signed up for it.
My situation was special because the csr messed up the pm, so I got mine a little cheaper

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
SOS SOS... HELP!!!

Thanks,

You have described me down to a T. We are thinking the exact same things. I came from the Razr Maxx about 4 days ago and OMG.....don't think it can get any better than this!

Sent from the Note 2!!

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
This sounds a lot like me. I jump around to phones quite a bit. I'm coming over to the note 2 from the iPhone 5. I previously tried the Galaxy S3 when it came out last year and I had an upgrade available. Tried it out for a couple of days, but signal reception was spotty at my house which has never been an issue in the past. Returned it and got the iPhone 5 on launch day. I tried out a note 2 a few weeks ago and got a defective one with low speaker volume and it just seemed a little big. After a friend picked up a note 2 I have been messing around with it and decided to give it another try. Picked up one at Sams last Wednesday and so far it's working great. Signal reception is good even in my basement. The extra size takes a little getting used to after carrying the small iPhone the past few months. I seem to tweak on the Note daily and am getting used to all the customization available on android. I hadn't used an android daily driver since my Droid X. This is the first time I've used an android phone in the past year or so that seems to be fast and lag free. The phone seems to have plenty of power and the battery has been very good so far. So far I'm really loving the phone and even my wife has said she likes it and she's been hardcore iPhone the past 2 years.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I struggled with this decision for about a week after the S4 announcement. I decided on the Note 2 for several reasons. I had the advantage of seeing my wife's Note 2 for a while so it was a known commodity.

Reason 1: I had a Galaxy Nexus. It's screen size is 4.65". The size difference between the Nexus and the S4 isn't dramatic. The size difference between the Nexus and the Note 2 is dramatic. I really like the Note 2's screen size. Resolution difference between the Note 2 and the S4 is significant only from a statistical standpoint. From my eyes it's not significant. The screen size is more important. I really like the look and feel of the Note 2. Most of my time, like a lot of people, is spent in email, texting and the web. Resolution isn't a big deal. Since I have a 10.1" tablet I have no desire to watch movies on my phone.

Reason 2: Battery life. I can use the Note 2 all day and be over 50% usage when I put it down for bed. I'm very happy with that. I can't imagine the smaller S4 battery will have as good battery life, especially with a more powerful processor.

Reason 3: The Note 2 is significantly faster than the Nexus. Makes me happy not to have any lag whatsoever. The S4 has a faster processor than the Note 2 but I don't know how the S4 can improve on no lag whatsoever.

Reason 4: Maturity. This is probably the most important thing. The Note 2 is stable. It's been around for a while. I don't like taking chances on a daily driver. The S4 is unproven and my phone is too important to experiment with. I like to wait and see what the consensus is before dipping in the water. Thanks to all you folks for doing that for us.

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Will the s4 battery be as strong as the N2? Plus I have an extended 6,400 mah battery when that might be needed. Will the s4 have that battery accessory.

I like having the stylus because it has me handwriting again (but I suppose an after market stylus would work on most any phone.) The S4 has some cool new video tricks but I can live without those.

Higher res screen sounds interesting but will that use the battery faster? What I care about is how much readable text can be on the screen. How will the S4 do with that?

I find the n2 processor as fast as I need to be but may be gamers will feel differently.

It's going to take bigger changes than the S4 seems to have to get my N2 away from me. (BTW, what's the smart choice for adding a micro SD card to this phone?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress