Can not active phone on VW..... Help please

curve9090

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
ok so i bought a phone from a reputable company in guam. It is a Note 2 and it is CMDA. So thinking that it says VW all over the phone i would be able to bring it back to the states and use it.. Well not so much took it to a store and the technition in the store or the on the phone helper could do anything to make this little one work. Now i have spoken with the company in Guam and they said to have VW program well it never gets past the activation part and fails out .. so my thing is .. how do you program a number in to the phone not using 4g because that requires a sim card and IT&E does not use sim cards. So far my phone only knows that it is roaming due to it being our of guam. what can i do to fix this .. i have already factory reset it every which way i can find on the internet and well this just sucks because i want to use the phone and have no way to do so.. Any help would be awesome.. I am actually trying to find the * numbers you can punch in and get to hidden menus so i think i might be able to fix it .. please help me !!!!

Patrick

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Wait, I don't understand. What version of the Note 2 do you have? First, you said it has Verizon Wireless branding on it, but then you mention IT&E, which I assume is another carrier. Unless it is the Verizon Wireless-branded version of the phone, you aren't going to get it activated on Verizon. Yes, theoretically, it might be possible to make it work, except that Verizon won't activate a phone from another carrier.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ok so i bought a phone from a reputable company in guam. It is a Note 2 and it is CMDA. So thinking that it says VW all over the phone i would be able to bring it back to the states and use it.. Well not so much took it to a store and the technition in the store or the on the phone helper could do anything to make this little one work. Now i have spoken with the company in Guam and they said to have VW program well it never gets past the activation part and fails out .. so my thing is .. how do you program a number in to the phone not using 4g because that requires a sim card and IT&E does not use sim cards. So far my phone only knows that it is roaming due to it being our of guam. what can i do to fix this .. i have already factory reset it every which way i can find on the internet and well this just sucks because i want to use the phone and have no way to do so.. Any help would be awesome.. I am actually trying to find the * numbers you can punch in and get to hidden menus so i think i might be able to fix it .. please help me !!!!

Patrick

Does it have a slot for the SIM card from Verizon?

curve9090

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is a VW branded phone, IT&E uses phone bought from VW on there system. And yes it has a sim card slot. I have installed the sim card in to the slot as prescribes by VW techs and let it try to activate itself but keeps failing out .. this intern is why i am thinking that i have a programming issue and that when IT&E programmed my phone ( no not rooted it) that they changed something and it is Fing the activation process up!

Patrick

Last edited:

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem is that VolksWagen doesn't provide cell service.
Or the phone is only compatible with service provided in Guam and you got suckered.
Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just checked, and it appears that IT&E is a GSM carrier, not a CDMA carrier, so are you sure of which version of the Note 2 you have? First, does the phone have the Verizon logo on the home button? And, when you power it up, do you see the Verizon 4G LTE splash screen? And here's another thing. If you have the Verizon version, and if it was used on IT&E, data wouldn't have worked with that carrier unless the phone was rooted and new APN settings were added. What I'm saying is that the phone may have been molded to work with IT&E, so you'll probably need to return it to stock before you can get it activated on Verizon.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just saw your edited post, so we know the branding of the phone. Still, it would have had to be rooted and minded to make data work.

curve9090

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It is CDMA , shows all the verizon logos and already tryed to return it to stock all the ways possible .. now how do i change the APN ??? and if it was rooted i would be able to tell and it is not.

And IT&E Guam services both CDMA and GSM .. mostly CDMA

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Go under Settings, More settings, Mobile networks, Access point names. The only entry should be LTE-Verizon Internet. I'm posting from my phone, so it would take forever to copy down all the settings under that right now, but, if you don't at least see that, then data has definitely been modded. As far as getting everything back to 100% stock, I'm afraid I can't help there. .

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you used it on ite CDMA simless then someone must have reprogrammed the phone. Verizon 4glte phones are not designed by default to work like this. If it is a Verizon variant, then you would have to reprogram it back to Verizon using CDMA workshop or similar program. A factory reset or root will not fix this.

But first, check the esn in the phone with Verizon to verify that it is clean. If the phones esn was changed, then you would need to change it back. If the esn is bad, then Verizon won't activate it.

This is not the exact process, but gives you an idea of what is involved moving the phone to page plus simless. You would be doing something the reverse of this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/221842-flash-droid-razr-page-plus-3g-data-ics.html

It also may be possible to flash the stock ruu.

Last edited:

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it would be helpful to try to contact the folks at IT&E who reprogram these devices. They'd be in the best position to tell you what changes were made and possibly how to reverse them. It may be a long shot, but I'd give it a try.

curve9090

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried talking to them and well i am going to try again tomorrow when they are open and if i get nothing i am going up the food chain .. this can not be that hard but

Ok so i found this website and this is what i am talking about ...

Secret Codes For Android Phones ~ The Android Zone

But how do i use them .. tried inputing them in to dialer and well yeah nothing .. if someone has used these or knows how to please let me know .. really need this to get my phone working !! Thanks for all the help guys/ladies !!

Patrick :'(

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Tried talking to them and well i am going to try again tomorrow when they are open and if i get nothing i am going up the food chain .. this can not be that hard but

Ok so i found this website and this is what i am talking about ...

Secret Codes For Android Phones ~ The Android Zone

But how do i use them .. tried inputing them in to dialer and well yeah nothing .. if someone has used these or knows how to please let me know .. really need this to get my phone working !! Thanks for all the help guys/ladies !!

Patrick :'(

If you entered them into the dialer and they didn't work, The codes might be disabled by Samsung.

I am not that familiar with rooting the note 2, but My suggestion would be to flash the stock ruu, that should restore the phone to a factory state. If that didn't work, you could root and flash a rom.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

curve9090

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well got ahold of someone that knew what they were talking about and it has a SPC code on it and well .. they write it on the box and the box is in my house hold good .. damn it !!!! So they are going to call me back hopefully with good news !!

Patrick

curve9090

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
update ... phone is not locked just configured wrong !!!! finally got access to the hidden menus .. is any one needs to code it is *#22745927 ... This would have saved me a hell of alot of fustration to know that my hidden menus were disabled .. but any ways ... will update you on if i get service tomorrow when i cal verizon tomorrow !!!

Patrick :) :D :confused:

Sysadmin-x

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Curve, could you please give a little more detailed explanation on how you got the phone activated back on verizon please? Trying to do this same thing myself

Thanks!

Sysadmin-x

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The verizon note 2 quad core, yes. But he bought a verizon branded Note 2 because it can be used on their cdma network.

I just need to know how to get it back on the verizon network.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The verizon note 2 quad core, yes. But he bought a verizon branded Note 2 because it can be used on their cdma network.

I just need to know how to get it back on the verizon network.

Was it originally purchased from Verizon(website or corporate store) or Verizon third-party seller? If so, it shouldn't be a problem.....

IIRC, Verizon only allow a phone to be activated if the MEID is in their system.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non