I'm so sad that the Note 3 isn't that much "better" than my existing Note 2....

itstrentb

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my note 2 off contract in January of this year. I recently bricked my note 2 and sent it to the mobile tech guys to get it fixed.

Before i did that, i noticed i wasnt insured for a whole 7 months when i told the VZW guy to add it back in Jnauary. So i thought i screwed. Well while I was sending that off, i noticed I had been eligible for an upgrade since March.

So now that I have my note 2 back and fixed and not under contract, wouldn't it make sense for me to use my upgrade on the Note 3 later this month/next month? The way I look at it, I use my note 2 for testin stuff and my note 3 as a DD.

What do you think?

Bump. Any insight?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You could if you really want another Note. Personally, I'd probably get something else to play with and keep the Note 2 in case you don't like it. You could sell the new device in order to pay full price on the Note 3 if it doesn't do it for you.

itstrentb

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You could if you really want another Note. Personally, I'd probably get something else to play with and keep the Note 2 in case you don't like it. You could sell the new device in order to pay full price on the Note 3 if it doesn't do it for you.

The size of the note is just really appealing. Anything else would feel like a downgrade or normal phone.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah so much for the"flexable display" Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Have Flexible Screen Display - YouTube
I was ready to sell my Note 2 and upgrade to the Note 3.

After reading all the info about the new Note 3, it doesn't seem to have any compelling new features that warrants switching from Note 2 to Note 3.
I felt like telling Samsung's CEO what I really think of the new Note 3: "really? this is the best you can do? are your engineers having a brain freeze?"

In fact, it reminds me of how Apple comes out with a "new" iPhone every 12 months... but each one is only slightly "better" than the previous one.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The size of the note is just really appealing. Anything else would feel like a downgrade or normal phone.

I liked the size, but the One's display is just so sharp. It didn't feel like a downgrade to me, but that's me, and you're entirely welcome to that opinion. I totally understand.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
These phones get much bigger people talking on the phone to their head are going to look as ridiculous as people walking around taking pictures with their iPads. Just my opinion

Honestly I love the pictures that my Ipad takes. I needed to use it in a pinch and I was totally surprised how well it did without a flash.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually a little relieved that the Note 3 isn't that spectacular. I just got my Note 2 a few months ago on a 24 month contract, and if the Note 3 was amazing, it would make me feel like I was stuck with old technology.

Now I feel like my Note 2 should hold up pretty well, especially if we see a 4.3 update in the next few months.

Regarding the Note 3 back.. I haven't seen it in person yet, but from the pictures, I can't say that I hate it. It's certainly is different.

Last edited:

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
These phones get much bigger people talking on the phone to their head are going to look as ridiculous as people walking around taking pictures with their iPads. Just my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

i personally dont care what someone thinks of me. im 40 years old, not 17. i like my large screen

What I really wanted is still more battery, Under my current usage with medium screen brightness, and wifi most of the day, I still only get 1 day, I just get more usage than I did on my old phones. I just live and work in a terrible reception area.

i dont get why people need more than 1 day. is it so hard to plug your phone in at night while you sleep?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i personally dont care what someone thinks of me. im 40 years old, not 17. i like my large screen

+1

However, there are a lot of teenagers with smartphones and WHEN you were a teenager you probably did care more what others thought of you. I think the Note 3 is about as big as I need to be holding up to ear.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
For me, the leap from the original Note to Note 2 was huge, it is so much better. I cannot see updating to Note 3 at this moment in time. Ha. Maybe I'm finally maturing.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
+1

However, there are a lot of teenagers with smartphones and WHEN you were a teenager you probably did care more what others thought of you. I think the Note 3 is about as big as I need to be holding up to ear.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

I'm happy with my note 2. Aside from being under contract, even if I wasn't I'm not sure I'd go with the 3

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The note 3 looks to be a great device but (for the first time ever) I am content with my note 2 and have no desire to upgrade

Posted via Android Central App

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
i dont get why people need more than 1 day. is it so hard to plug your phone in at night while you sleep?
Yes you are right most nights I can plug my phone in while I sleep, but there are some nights that I cant, usually when I cant make it home from a night out, and lets think. When would be a good time to have some battery? The next morning while arranging rides, and taking care of other business. So yes I would like 1.5-2 days out of my phone, that would be good for me.:)

Bill P

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was at a court house with my attorney. He asked me about some documents. I had them on my note 2. When he witnessed the use of my N2, he was surprised with the results. His immediate statement was that "size of the screen was perfect". He said he had some thoughts of switching from his Iphone. After we finished our business, he left for the Verizon. My parting words were check out the S4 and Note 3,while your there. I too, am satisfied with the note 2.

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes you are right most nights I can plug my phone in while I sleep, but there are some nights that I cant, usually when I cant make it home from a night out, and lets think. When would be a good time to have some battery? The next morning while arranging rides, and taking care of other business. So yes I would like 1.5-2 days out of my phone, that would be good for me.:)

Get an extended battery. There are are a lot of different brands available now.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Love my note 2, but the three has many improvements.....but I understand one holding out another year with the note 2... it still runs quite well:beer:

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Love my note 2, but the three has many improvements.....but I understand one holding out another year with the note 2... it still runs quite well:beer:

Supposedly the features from the 3 will come to the 2. I guess its a matter of when. Probably when our contracts are up.

S T Hye

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Biggest ding on the 3 is that on sprint they seemed to have only included single LTE band. This will really make the 3 dated once all three LTE bands are launched.

via tapatalk from my StarTAC.