Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - What have you noticed about 4.3?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: What have you noticed about 4.3?

I see that the battery icon now changes to yellow at 20% as opposed to the 28% that it was before. Yellow at 20 and notification to plug in at 15.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Also, does anyone else notice the font is much larger in messaging than the system font? It looks unusually large. There no font size in messaging settings to change.

Posted via Android Central App

While the text app is open, press volume down. Volume controls the font size

sent from Galaxy Note 2

GabrielRayven

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

While the text app is open, press volume down. Volume controls the font size

sent from Galaxy Note 2

After seeing your post I looked in the settings, and dug for a bit. There is a setting in the messaging settings to turn this on and off. Would not have looked had I not seen your post so thanks for that.

reverendjj#AC

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

As I said earlier in this thread, I did successfully connect my tablet with Bluetooth, that will give me what I need, without the hotspot. I don't need more than one connection.

Can you give a little better instructions than Foxfi does to use bluetooth. I have tried and it doesn't work for me.

Posted via Android Central App

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

After seeing your post I looked in the settings, and dug for a bit. There is a setting in the messaging settings to turn this on and off. Would not have looked had I not seen your post so thanks for that.

Any time. That's why we are here. You have to be in an actual text convo to do it. Not the page that shows all your threads

sent from Galaxy Note 2

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Things have gone south for me on this update. Screen freezes mostly. Yesterday couldn't answer the phone because the swipe bar froze?.. became unfrozen just before it would have gone to voicemail. I suppose I should just reset the phone but my upgrade date its here so I just ordered a Note 3.

Sent from Jesse's new lab.

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

My battery is lasting much longer since the update

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I noticed this too - battery life has actually improved for me as well. I also noticed the ever so slight delay when pressing the home button when in an app, but to me this is neither intrusive or annoying. Note I have NOT performed a factory reset after upgrading. Thumbs up so far.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I noticed this too - battery life has actually improved for me as well. I also noticed the ever so slight delay when pressing the home button when in an app, but to me this is neither intrusive or annoying. Note I have NOT performed a factory reset after upgrading. Thumbs up so far.

What is this delay people talk about? I'm not seeing it.

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I am getting a delay also, whenever I open an app or access settings etc. And the notification pull down is slow to react too.

But sometimes it can be fast, just seems like it slows down for a length of time. Nothing happening at the time like something downloading etc. Also Swype keyboard will lock and stop working, then all of a sudden catch up???

All very annoying. I was looking forward to a faster less large experience, but it's worse then before.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Besides getting a replacement even though the update went through via pc, they are sending a new sim card.
New sim card coming as they said to take advantage of ISIS new sims are needed.

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Reading this message, hit the "home" button. There's a slight delay before it returns you to the home screen. It's very so slight and sounds like it's just being overblown, but it does seem to be present *on my phone* as well.

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

What is this Samsunng Updates Icon that I'm finding on my homescreen? I click on it and it does nothing, it also is not listed in the app drawer.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Reading this message, hit the "home" button. There's a slight delay before it returns you to the home screen. It's very so slight and sounds like it's just being overblown, but it does seem to be present *on my phone* as well.

I'm glad I'm not the stupid one that had not seen it. Its not a delay, its like a transition like a video camera back in the day. At least I don't have any lag on my phone that I can tell. Seems pretty smooth and responsive. Sorry if you have problems people.