Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - Do you like the new Google Maps/Navigation after the forced update??

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys like the new Google Navigation after the forced Verizon update? It doesn't appear that I can un-do the changes under settings.

I dislike how the "Local" app is now completely different.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The forced-upon-us Google Maps does not have access to maps created online with Google Maps, it is incapable of displaying a round trip route... It appears that google is much more interested in your location and serving up useless info around you. It used to be a good...

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It appears that google is much more interested in your location and serving up useless info around you. It used to be a good...

You just realized that now!!!??? At least the NSA wants to track everybody in order to catch terrorists.
Sure, we can debate all day long on why the NSA's methods are morally or constitutionally wrong.
At least they are not doing it to get rich.

Google tracks you with one motive in mind. Money. Money. Money. They're not interested in navigating
gramdma safely from home to her Mahjong game. They want to track grandma and sell the data to
corporations that can sell her adult diapers, drugs, prune juice, denture adhesive, senior sex toys, hearing
aid, etc, etc, etc.....

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You just realized that now!!!??? At least the NSA wants to track everybody in order to catch terrorists.
Sure, we can debate all day long on why the NSA's methods are morally or constitutionally wrong.

Google tracks you with one motive in mind. Money. Money. Money. They're not interested in navigating
gramdma safely from home to her Mahjong game. They want to track grandma and sell the data to
corporations that can sell her adult diapers, drugs, prune juice, denture adhesive, senior sex toys, hearing
aid, etc, etc, etc.....

Hahahaha and that's the sad reality... But funny none the less.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
What are senior sex toys???

aid, etc, etc, etc.....

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys like the new Google Navigation after the forced Verizon update? It doesn't appear that I can un-do the changes under settings.

I dislike how the "Local" app is now completely different.

I was so dependent on the older version of Google maps for my commute. I can no longer access multiple routes with ease. In fact, nothing is easier with the update that will no longer uninstall.
Have considered activating my Droid X2 to use for maps.
I was also looking forward to the update to use Dynamic Notifications like my wife's Droid Maxx. But the battery drain was too much. Oh well... Happy New Year all!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked into Gmaps engine app? Maps/routee that are created online with the same can be opened on the phone.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app