01-15-2014 04:11 PM
48 12
tools
    Was browsing craigslist earlier and I'm pretty sure the same guy I swapped the my note to in exchange for the RAZR is now looking to swap for something smaller. That was just funny to me. For a brief moment, I considered contacting him to get the note back. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    01-08-2014 12:29 AM
    I agree with you the note 3 isn't really a big deal if you have already a note 2. I set up a note 3 for my dad and I was amazed at how I didn't covet it as there just wasn't much new ( that I found useful for myself) . The one thing that I did like however was the camera. It was much more successful at taking a sharp picture which I presume has to do with shutter speed
    Data speeds are what drew me to the note 3. Thanks to advanced wireless services, my average speeds increased 5 fold over my note 2 at work which has heavily loaded towers.

Aside from that, the display is sharper and more importantly brighter, which is especially important in direct sunlight.

The s pen on the note 3 works for the menu and back buttons.

The ir blaster is convenient because I always lose my remote.

S health is great in providing feedback on how much I have walked. It has helped me to increase my walking.

Overall, the note 3 was a worthwhile improvement over the note 2 for my uses.

But depending on your needs, it may or may not be worthwhile.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    01-10-2014 10:00 AM
    Data speeds are what drew me to the note 3. Thanks to advanced wireless services, my average speeds increased 5 fold over my note 2 at work which has heavily loaded towers.

Aside from that, the display is sharper and more importantly brighter, which is especially important in direct sunlight.

The s pen on the note 3 works for the menu and back buttons.

The ir blaster is convenient because I always lose my remote.

S health is great in providing feedback on how much I have walked. It has helped me to increase my walking.

Overall, the note 3 was a worthwhile improvement over the note 2 for my uses.

But depending on your needs, it may or may not be worthwhile.

I am still quite happy with my N2, but aside from several of the features you mentioned for the N3, I am most jealous of the Spen working on the Menu and Back buttons, which the N2 doesn't have

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    msndrstood and Gbsa like this.
    01-10-2014 11:57 AM
    I use my s-pen every day. With the Swype keyboard, and navigating my phone. It's one of my favorite features of this phone.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2
    I use mine all the time for the same things and also sometimes hand write a text message and also use it for notes.

It took me awhile to start using it, but once I started, I use it constantly.
    GregMargie likes this.
    01-10-2014 03:01 PM
    I am still quite happy with my N2, but aside from several of the features you mentioned for the N3, I am most jealous of the Spen working on the Menu and Back buttons, which the N2 doesn't have

Margie
    The note 2 is still a good phone, and if I didn't have a few upgrades available, I would still be using it. But on Verizon, not using your upgrades is a waste, imo. I picked up my first Note 3 on release day for $90,but I wouldn't pay $300 for it since I already had the note 2

01-10-2014 05:18 PM
    We have 2 upgrades available on my account but I don't use them because I don't want to lose unlimited. I'm also not sure how much longer I'll stick with Verizon anyway.

Noted via tapatalk
    01-11-2014 07:15 AM
    We have 2 upgrades available on my account but I don't use them because I don't want to lose unlimited. I'm also not sure how much longer I'll stick with Verizon anyway.

Noted via tapatalk
    Do you have at least one non unlimited line on the account? If so, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line

01-11-2014 09:44 AM
    Do you have at least one non unlimited line on the account? If so, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line

That's what we do too, like many others......we have 2 unlimited lines and 2 basic lines. Transfer the upgrade from the unlimited to the basic then move the new phone back to the unlimited line!

Margie
    01-11-2014 11:11 AM
    That's what we do too, like many others......we have 2 unlimited lines and 2 basic lines. Transfer the upgrade from the unlimited to the basic then move the new phone back to the unlimited line!

Margie
    If you didn't have the basic lines, you could add a line, get a new phone, get a contract phone, then transfer the upgrades from the unlimited lines to the non unlimited line. After that, suspend service without billing for half year, so you can use the line to upgrade the unlimited lines twice

01-11-2014 11:38 AM
    If you didn't have the basic lines, you could add a line, get a new phone, get a contract phone, then transfer the upgrades from the unlimited lines to the non unlimited line. After that, suspend service without billing for half year, so you can use the line to upgrade the unlimited lines twice

"Suspend Service"? I can do this? We added the first bssic line a few years ago when we got rid of the land line home phone. Then added the second basic when Best Buy screwed up and said I couldn't transfer (long story) so I added that 2nd basic so as not to lose unlimited. We really don't use either of the basic phones, they just sit here for upgrade purposes to keep unlimited on our other 2 lines did as long as possible even though we are not huge data users (3-4 gigs) is nice to know we don't have to keep track of, go over $$$. 2 basic lines = $30 a month (2x9.99+tax=15+ per line)

Margie
    01-11-2014 12:13 PM
    I won't upgrade to the Note 3 until they come out with the LTE version.
    01-11-2014 12:58 PM
    Lte version?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    01-11-2014 01:20 PM
    I won't upgrade to the Note 3 until they come out with the LTE version.
    What do you mean? The note 3 is cat 4 ue capable of 150mbps downlink on 20x20

msndrstood likes this.
    01-11-2014 05:49 PM
    "Suspend Service"? I can do this? We added the first bssic line a few years ago when we got rid of the land line home phone. Then added the second basic when Best Buy screwed up and said I couldn't transfer (long story) so I added that 2nd basic so as not to lose unlimited. We really don't use either of the basic phones, they just sit here for upgrade purposes to keep unlimited on our other 2 lines did as long as possible even though we are not huge data users (3-4 gigs) is nice to know we don't have to keep track of, go over $$$. 2 basic lines = $30 a month (2x9.99+tax=15+ per line)

Margie
    If you do not use the basic lines, then you only need one basic line to transfer the unlimited upgrades which can be done online at Verizon. Some third party or in store may not allow this (even Verizon corporate store) . And that basic line can be suspended without billing for half the year every year, to reduce the cost. You can suspend service online which is free

01-11-2014 05:53 PM

Margie
    I was upset that my Note 2 couldn't use the S pen for the BACK and MENU buttons also, but I googled it and there is an easy workaround using the S Pen. To go Back just Hold the button on the S Pen and draw the "<" symbol on the screen. For the Menu button hold the Button on the S Pen and draw the "^" symbol. Works for me and it's not the same as having the Note 3, but at least you don't have to use your finger and can just use the S Pen. Hope that helps.
    808TBolt likes this.
    01-11-2014 08:52 PM
    If all you want is the big screen and good specs then the Optimus G Pro should be on your short-list. ...but it's on AT&T only.

Note 3
    01-11-2014 09:22 PM
    I was upset that my Note 2 couldn't use the S pen for the BACK and MENU buttons also, but I googled it and there is an easy workaround using the S Pen. To go Back just Hold the button on the S Pen and draw the "<" symbol on the screen. For the Menu button hold the Button on the S Pen and draw the "^" symbol. Works for me and it's not the same as having the Note 3, but at least you don't have to use your finger and can just use the S Pen. Hope that helps.
    Andy, thanks so much for that tip! I have checked the short cuts using the Spen on the screen before and you can create your own as well..... but it just takes me longer to draw those than to just hit those with my finger.....I'm old! LOL!
    01-11-2014 11:09 PM
    Forget the pen. It's all about the nice battery. Unlike my gnex I don't need for batteriesto get me through the day lol.

Posted via Android Central App
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-14-2014 04:10 AM
    Forget the pen. It's all about the nice battery. Unlike my gnex I don't need for batteriesto get me through the day lol.

Posted via Android Central App
    I declare if the GNex had good or even decent life I'd still be using it. But alas, despite the less than stellar camera (though not horrible for my personal needs), the Razr HD is my device of choice until I can score a Moto X or other newer Moto device!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    01-14-2014 04:25 AM
    Bought the Note 2 for the screen size, battery size/swappable, AMOLED display and s-pen is just extra feature. Rarely use it, but handy when need it, for taking notes for reminders and shopping.
    Marking texts in the web is much easier with s-pen then fingers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-14-2014 04:32 AM
    the other night while sitting down waiting for my wife while she shopped, i had 3 things going on on my Note 2: multi window with text on once side, internet on the other to look at a sports message board. all while playing music videos that i have stored on my SD card
    01-14-2014 12:11 PM
    I use the spen. I love my note2. Waiting on my 8.0 tab to arrive. Got talked into ipad. Dont like it. Sold it and got what I adked for. No loss money wise. Y a y!
    Love android. Not Apple user. Glad I could sell it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-15-2014 01:25 PM
    the other night while sitting down waiting for my wife while she shopped, i had 3 things going on on my Note 2: multi window with text on once side, internet on the other to look at a sports message board. all while playing music videos that i have stored on my SD card
    you should learn to multitask! /s
    GregMargie and 808TBolt like this.
    01-15-2014 04:11 PM
48 12