Extended battery and Otterbox case

KeepOnSingin

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S III, and I love everything about it...except the battery life. That stinks. I charge my phone nightly, and when I take it off my charger in the morning, within a couple of hours of light use, the charge is down by at least 20%! Maybe I just have a bum battery, but I'm not sure. So I was thinking about getting an extended battery...but I have a question: I have an Otterbox Defender case on my phone right now. Will I still be able to use it if I get an extended battery?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S III, and I love everything about it...except the battery life. That stinks. I charge my phone nightly, and when I take it off my charger in the morning, within a couple of hours of light use, the charge is down by at least 20%! Maybe I just have a bum battery, but I'm not sure. So I was thinking about getting an extended battery...but I have a question: I have an Otterbox Defender case on my phone right now. Will I still be able to use it if I get an extended battery?

There must be something wrong with your phone or battery or something is running in the background that's eating up your battery... because after 7.22 hours of light use I still have 82% left on my battery.

Last edited:

KeepOnSingin

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
There must be something wrong with your phone or battery or something is running in the background that's eating up your battery... because after 7.22 hours of light use I still have 82% left on my battery.

I definitely think there's something wrong with my battery. I have an app killer, so nothing should be running in the background...I'm going to the Verizon store to have it checked out and hopefully get a new battery that works properly.

KeepOnSingin

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store, and while they couldn't properly test my battery tonight since they were closing in a half hour and they said it takes 2 hours to do a test (one to charge, and one to make a call), it's pretty obvious that there's something wrong with my battery. My battery was at 51%, and the Verizon rep's battery was at 65% and had been off the charger the same amount of time as mine with pretty much identical settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez