[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I was sitting here playing with my phone and a update from goo.im said there was a new version of gapps. So I flashed nightly - 14 and new gapps package. So far so good! Everything seems good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Love this rom, BUT I can't live with the signal drops, continues to drop data all day, no matter is 3G or 4G. I even tried to force the phone to only run 3G, same issue. All this even after flashing the the VRLHD radio.

Is anyone still experiencing data drops ?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Love this rom, BUT I can't live with the signal drops, continues to drop data all day, no matter is 3G or 4G. I even tried to force the phone to only run 3G, same issue. All this even after flashing the the VRLHD radio.

I haven't had that happen yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Have not experienced this problem.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

No problems like that either. What version are you running? M2 or a nightly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I switched back to M2. Had a glitch in the YouTube app on nightly 14. Random screen Flicker. When I switched back to M2 the problem was still there but not as bad. So I uninstalled the YouTube app and reinstalled and everything was good. No problems now.

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having Maps constantly running and draining the battery? Even with location disabled, it was still showing up in the top battery user list. I had to freeze Maps to get it to stop. I'm pretty sure I have the right gapps package, but I wouldn't rule that out completely. I'm on CM10 nightly 12.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 14, but don't have the issue. I did not install maps. I use waze instead. But that's me.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having Maps constantly running and draining the battery? Even with location disabled, it was still showing up in the top battery user list. I had to freeze Maps to get it to stop. I'm pretty sure I have the right gapps package, but I wouldn't rule that out completely. I'm on CM10 nightly 12.

I haven't experienced this. But I did just receive a update for gapps. It was for updated apps to run on version 4.1.2 maybe check goo.im for update. It's version (gapps - 20121011). Also try rebooting after you get your settings where you want them.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Nightly, just updated from 12 to 14 still having issues. I was have this problem early on when I tried CM10 had to move back to Synergy. Looks like I'll move back as I'm heading out of town and need a solid connection.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Nightly, just updated from 12 to 14 still having issues. I was have this problem early on when I tried CM10 had to move back to Synergy. Looks like I'll move back as I'm heading out of town and need a solid connection.

Have you tried M2 I have yet to find anything go wrong with this ROM yet I'd say their are very minor things, but nothing that makes it unstable or should make you scared of running it as a daily driver. If you haven't tried it I recommend giving it a shot. Also build 4 for AOKP is even more bug free than M2 from what I hear.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried M2 I have yet to find anything go wrong with this ROM yet I'd say their are very minor things, but nothing that makes it unstable or should make you scared of running it as a daily driver. If you haven't tried it I recommend giving it a shot. Also build 4 for AOKP is even more bug free than M2 from what I hear.

Don't forget, there is a Milestone of AOKP hopefully coming very soon ;).

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget, there is a Milestone of AOKP hopefully coming very soon ;).

Lol I will complain about this until they change it but why why why does there have to be vibration/haptic feedback on the lock screen....so unneeded. It could be just one simple toggle to add in their and I'd be set on AOKP. It is soooooo annoying to me, and I'm not they biggest fan of their toggles in the notification tray. For some reason to me they seem so unresponsive. Idk maybe I'm too picky lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Lol I will complain about this until they change it but why why why does there have to be vibration/haptic feedback on the lock screen....so unneeded. It could be just one simple toggle to add in their and I'd be set on AOKP. It is soooooo annoying to me, and I'm not they biggest fan of their toggles in the notification tray. For some reason to me they seem so unresponsive. Idk maybe I'm too picky lol

Have you tried switching from the toggle switches to the toggle buttons?

Dropped by Felix from 24 Miles above the Earth

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried switching from the toggle switches to the toggle buttons?

Dropped by Felix from 24 Miles above the Earth

Yes tried both...switches look so unclean...toggles seem unresponsive compared to cm10....for instance I'll turn on torch toggle in aokp and it takes like a good second for it to work where as on cm10 it works right away

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone get the camera to work without freezing the phone? Tried different apps and same thing with the one before last building and newest build. Full wipe

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I ran into a little problem today....very weird. My phone decided it wanted to reboot like 4 times. After the 4 then I decided to reboot it fully on my own. Ever since its been fine. The only thing I can think that would have caused it is because I flashed the new Gapps last night for 4.1.2, but that really should not matter. Also today my battery life has been absolutely horrible. 5 hours and I'm down to 34 percent and I'm under clocked with only 1.5 hours being on screen. Watched a few YouTube videos and listened to music for a few hours that's it.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok I ran into a little problem today....very weird. My phone decided it wanted to reboot like 4 times. After the 4 then I decided to reboot it fully on my own. Ever since its been fine. The only thing I can think that would have caused it is because I flashed the new Gapps last night for 4.1.2, but that really should not matter. Also today my battery life has been absolutely horrible. 5 hours and I'm down to 34 percent and I'm under clocked with only 1.5 hours being on screen. Watched a few YouTube videos and listened to music for a few hours that's it.

Sounds like something glitched. I have had similar issues on earlier builds of CM10, before M2. Main reason why I switched to AOKP.