Best JellyBean ROM and kernel setup for battery life?

roilciuc

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the latest kernel from the link above and I installed cm10 m2 and tried to flash the kernel. It doesn't work at all. When. I Start the phone it just shows a black screen after the Samsung screen. The hotkeys still stay lit. What am I doing wrong?am I using the wrong kernel?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the latest kernel from the link above and I installed cm10 m2 and tried to flash the kernel. It doesn't work at all. When. I Start the phone it just shows a black screen after the Samsung screen. The hotkeys still stay lit. What am I doing wrong?am I using the wrong kernel?

Yes that kernel version is way too old. I recommend downloading the newest kernel from him on rootswiki and flashing cm10 10.0 the stable build. It is what I am currently running and it has become more stable the longer ive used it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh wait you said latest?....what kernel version did you install?....certain kernels won't work with certain ROMs if they are too old/new

roilciuc

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
so here is what I have installed. I just took a shot of my about phone section. The kernel I installed is named lk_aosp_jb_vzw-v1.10 javascript:void(0);

roilciuc

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-11-29-16-50-17.png

roilciuc

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am running the rom but I still do not have the kernel installed I cannot flash any kernel. Can someone please tell me which kernel will work.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am running the rom but I still do not have the kernel installed I cannot flash any kernel. Can someone please tell me which kernel will work.

I'm not sure I'm running 1.10 just fine I guess try doing a clean install sometimes that works

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just did thanks.....battery life is improved a good amount. I'm at 15 percent left with almost 17 hours and 3 on screen...better then the 8 hours I was getting on stock CM kernel

How do you set this "fast charge"?

roilciuc

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How do I make the battery last longer with this kernel. It worked i got it installed! How do I underclock it or make the battery last longer?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How do I make the battery last longer with this kernel. It worked i got it installed! How do I underclock it or make the battery last longer?

You can go to performance options in settings and tweak from there I recommend sio scheduler and interactive governor. From my experience under clocking didn't do a ton its really good on its own. If you under clock I wouldn't go below 1350mhz. Honestly if my on screen time wasnt all from watching YouTube is get 20 or more hours out of the battery

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I believe you go into terminal emulator type ffc and hit enter or whatever and it will fast charge. This only works when USB charging though

Didn't work.....or didn't show to have done anything. No biggie, just thought it would be a cool thing to do

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
On demand should yield better battery life than interactive. Conservative should do better than either of those.
Interactive is too quick to jump up to the max allowed frequency. Ondemand is a little more lax and allows the CPU to sit at lower speeds while slowly ramping up to higher ones as needed. Then conservative is even slower ramping up.

Interactive will give the most fluid performance as the CPU spends a lot more time at max frequency. On demand is generally a good balance of speed and battery life. Conservative will generally feel a little sluggish as the CPU ramps up slowest of the tree governors.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
On demand should yield better battery life than interactive. Conservative should do better than either of those.
Interactive is too quick to jump up to the max allowed frequency. Ondemand is a little more lax and allows the CPU to sit at lower speeds while slowly ramping up to higher ones as needed. Then conservative is even slower ramping up.

Interactive will give the most fluid performance as the CPU spends a lot more time at max frequency. On demand is generally a good balance of speed and battery life. Conservative will generally feel a little sluggish as the CPU ramps up slowest of the tree governors.

I've been running different kernels for awhile and I have to disagree. It sounds right on paper but if I switch to an on demand governor the CPU likes to throttle up and sit at highest frequency based on touch whereas interactive will throttle down a bit. I ran CPU spy for awhile to find this out. The difference in battery life isn't even that much different between the two to not use interactive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer