SOLVED - Backup App layout on Homescreens

kmr296

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
***UPDATE***
IT IS POSSIBLE IN CM10 - Backup Trebuchet 0.2 (that's the most up to date as of 10.19.12) under system data in Titanium Backup (and everything else you want to back up). Flash your new nightly. Install titanium backup. Restore Trebuchet 0.2 in your system data - in my case this is the only piece of system data I backup. Go back to home screens - all app layouts are there and wallpaper back.

Before you restore your apps your icons will still appear however attempts to open one will result in "app not installed" message.

NOTE: This will ONLY work if you're upgrading the same ROM. (ie. nightly CM10 10.17 to CM10 10.18. ect). Also it's possible that the cyanogenmod developers could change something that could break this method so I guess it's not necessarily 100% guaranteed.

As I said current when writing this is 0.2. If a nightly upgrades the launcher again you'd miss out.

Hope this helps for people who want to use the CM10 default Trebuchet launcher!!!

Anyone want to test on another ROM to confirm for other people? Obviously you would backup whatever it's using for default launcher - may not be Trebuchet.

Gents,

Daily (or should i say nightly) updating CM10 on my GS3. Titanium backup Pro, of course, to keep me sane with my apps. I'm going crazy taking screenshots and re-organizing apps on my homescreens though. Is there ANY way to back up the order / arrangement. I can't find it in Titanium and can't find any real clear answers after Google'ing all day. Don't want to use a 3rd party launcher either.

THANKS!

Last edited:

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Backup App layout on Homescreens

I use Nova Launcher it has the feature to backup and restore. I'm sure there are others as well.

kmr296

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. Yea i know a launcher will do what I need but wanted to do it w/o using a launcher. Figured something I could back up in CM10 or something to make it work.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. Yea i know a launcher will do what I need but wanted to do it w/o using a launcher. Figured something I could back up in CM10 or something to make it work.

Nope. Only using a launcher and restoring it with it's data will work.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

silenthatred

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Saw this was solved, but the answer is incorrect. The default homescreen is still run by a launcher. You don't have to replace it be able to restore it. It is called TouchWiz. If you restore TouchWiz Home or TW Launcher depending on your Android version, data only of course, that will restore your homescreen shortcuts. I do this whenever I full wipe. Would go nuts if I had to set it up again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty