AC!D Audio Engine 5.0

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I started playing around with ACID Audio Engine after having lackluster results with audio in LiquidSmooth RC9. The audio in that rom was all tinny with an emphasis on treble and very little bass.

I've never really been a fan of Samsung's bluetooth implementation on the GS3. It's improved, but I still get occasional audio hicups. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Anyway, after trying out the aforementioned ASOP rom today, I decided to go back to CleanRom 5.6. It just works. On a whim I flashed the ACID audio engine.

Tried it out over my blackberry audio gateway for my car stereo. I have a decent set of aftermarket speakers and amp. Wow! It sounds great!! I only played it a few minutes as it's getting really cold outside. I'll keep it on for a bit to see how it performs. I didn't hear any skipping, but time will tell if it's really an improvement.

As I had trouble with it before, I only flashed the basic software in the aroma installer. I selected Samsung S3 in the options and didn't add anything else. I wanted to keep it simple for now.

Here's a link to an XDA thread with install instructions:

[MOD] ●►ACID Audio Engine?◄● |v5.0| Samsung Optimised | ☆☆☆TEAM AC!D☆☆☆ - xda-developers

I also found a youtube video that's helpful:

How to install Acid Audio Hack on the Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used a few before. Beats, Dolby and Nooz. I've heard practically no change in sound. I use PowerAmp as my player, maybe that's why? I'm a sound engineer by trade so a better sound quality would rule like so much fonzy.

Digital High Fives.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I spent some more time with it today. Unfortunately the best bet for some kind of improvement is with the player it flashes, which is Walkman or Noozy. It doesn't play well with PowerAmp. I got more skipping on bluetooth using it too. I flashed my backup and took it off. Maybe someone else will have better luck with it.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I flashed it Friday via the Aroma installer and Noozy player with Noozoide or whatever. Turns the stock earbud headset into something pretty amazing once you get it tweaked right. Fantastic bass response and clarity, especially on tracks with a decent quality sample rate (I'm using 224kb/s ogg). Noozy is a pretty neat player for JB too.

Joseph Gilbert

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
When you flash this or any other sound mod you have to go into settings sound music effects and change your DSP to Amazing Beats or Nooz...I do not suggest the walkman player unless you have all your music locally and it will not effect Pandora etc. Once you have chosen your DSP you need to open it up from your APP menu and start turning things on...Forums like this tend to bring in Noobs...If this one doesnt work please check out beats+xlouder mod for Gnex or Nex 7... odds are if this isnt working you have some rom that isnt AOSP based. I am using a GNEX with AOKP MR1 Build 2 which is 4.2.1 and it is amazing.

Joseph Gilbert

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Its ok at best without an add-on...I suggest amazing beats if you are an audiophile and like to tweak...If you dont Noozoxide will provide best sound with minimal tweaking but I think amazing beats goes louder overall...

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I flashed Acid on my phone and it sounds great. Just a few questions. When I plug my headphones in it pops up saying it's active, but with my bluetooth headphones and my car bluetooth is does not pop up in the status bar. Is it still working with those? Also I listen to all my music from Google Music are there any other add ons you guys would recommend? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 running CleanRom 5.5.1