ROM Question

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm not super knowledgeable about how ROMs work, but I was hoping someone could answer a basic question for me:

Is there a ROM out there that incorporates Samsung's apps (camera, S-Memo, etc.) into stock Android?

I'm running a HOLO launcher right now, which does a pretty good job duplicating that stock feel, but I really dislike the Touchwiz notification shade and would like to be able to add the soft keys at the bottom. Most stock android ROMs that I've seen use the stock apps for camera, calendar, etc. Does anyone know if there's a ROM out there that merges in the stock Touchwiz apps (if it's even possible)?

Thanks so much.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm not super knowledgeable about how ROMs work, but I was hoping someone could answer a basic question for me:

Is there a ROM out there that incorporates Samsung's apps (camera, S-Memo, etc.) into stock Android?

I'm running a HOLO launcher right now, which does a pretty good job duplicating that stock feel, but I really dislike the Touchwiz notification shade and would like to be able to add the soft keys at the bottom. Most stock android ROMs that I've seen use the stock apps for camera, calendar, etc. Does anyone know if there's a ROM out there that merges in the stock Touchwiz apps (if it's even possible)?

Thanks so much.

That is up to the developer. They pick and choose which way to build the ROM. In most cases, they choose Vanilla Android. You can try looking for a ROM that is built off your current version (look in Settings>About Device>scroll down to build version). Sometimes they say that they are built off from Stock.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Many of the stock apps simply won't run unless you're running the Touchwiz based ROM. Your best bet would be to search for the apps you're interested in (look on xda, and use google), and try them out on a AOSP ROM and see for yourself.

This thread has a bunch of apks pulled from a number of phones that you could try. Not many from the S3, but quite a few from the S4. Whether they'll run without TW is anyone's guess:

[Definative][5/20] Galaxy S3 Ports, Mods,Themes & Tweaks Directory - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty