SCH-I535 4.3 cant get it working on straight talk

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I've read a ton of posts all over this forum but I can't find an answer to my question regarding if a verizon GS3 will work on straight talk with android version 4.3 I've followed all the steps in changing it from cdma to gsm and turning it off switching sim cards and its just not working my phone model is SCH-I535 and I'm trying to use it on straight talk with an AT&T straight talk sim I've checked the esn it passed everything its ready to be activated but it seems like everyone else is just as confused as I am I followed all the steps to get it working but when I put it in gsm after a minute or so it asks me to put it into global mode

Posted via Android Central App

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I read the verizon s3 to straight talk post from start to finish but it didn't say anything about any of this I did they steps mentioned in it and still got nothing so that post is of no help to me

questmember

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've read a ton of posts all over this forum but I can't find an answer to my question regarding if a verizon GS3 will work on straight talk with android version 4.3 I've followed all the steps in changing it from cdma to gsm and turning it off switching sim cards and its just not working my phone model is SCH-I535 and I'm trying to use it on straight talk with an AT&T straight talk sim I've checked the esn it passed everything its ready to be activated but it seems like everyone else is just as confused as I am I followed all the steps to get it working but when I put it in gsm after a minute or so it asks me to put it into global mode

I have a Verizon S3 i535 On Straighttalk. Everything is working but MMS. I still haven't found the solution for that yet. Internet, SMS, email all work. Just can't open a MMS packet with an attached file. The proceedure to put it on Straighttalk is pretty straight forward. You must add a new APN file for the Verizon APN will be greyed out.
In my APN file I have the following.

Name: Straight Talk (this is for display only)
APN: tfdate
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.tf.net
Multimedia message proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
Multimedia message port: 80
MCC: 310 (unchanged)
MNC: 410 (unchanged)
APN protocol: IPv4 (unchanged)
APN on/off: on (unchanged)

All other fields ( no entry )

Be sure the Straight Talk APN has a green light beside it. Push the lower left corner button and select SAVE. Restart your phone.

Make sure yourset to GLOBAL or GMS/UMTS on Network Mode.

The above will get you going on ST. but like me you probably won't have picture messaging enabled. Still working on that. good luck.

Forgot to mention. I 'm using a ST ATT sim card in the i535.

Last edited:

tomrom

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Only Edge Internet. Straight talk support tells me that the i535 will not work for data with Straight Talk. They could not tell me which s3's would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez