Can I preorder GS3 from AMAZON & not lose my unlimited?

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a Verizon customer service rep on the phone (typically get a more knowledgeable rep if you call versus going into a store) and she said even though I ordered mine from Best Buy, I will get to keep my unlimited data because I did so before June 28th. I'm still not sure whether or not I fully trust this, but I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope she's right.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a Verizon customer service rep on the phone (typically get a more knowledgeable rep if you call versus going into a store) and she said even though I ordered mine from Best Buy, I will get to keep my unlimited data because I did so before June 28th. I'm still not sure whether or not I fully trust this, but I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope she's right.

This has been mentioned before, the vzw rep does not know that BB does not do pre orders. What is actually happening is, you are essentially reserving a place in line, for when the phone shipment arrives at the store. So from vzw corporate point of view, you just went to the store and bought it, that day it comes in. There is no way for them to know you "pre ordered" it. If BB gets them in before the 28th, your golden, otherwise you better get in a preorder with vzw.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

stewkelly1

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT ORDER FROM BB or you will lose unlimited....I can not speak on Amazon's behalf but I would assume it is the same. Just as firetruck41 pointed out you are not truly pre-ordering the phone but merely reserving a device to be activated when the store receives them. I spoke with a Verizon rep after having second thoughts buying from BB. When preordering from BB there was no interaction with my actual Verizon account as I did not have the primary holder social yet was still able to pre-order. After speaking with the Verizon rep she informed me that the only way she could guarantee I would not lose my unlimited plan would be to pre-order from them directly. I did, cancelled my BB pre-order, and received an email confirmation that shows my unlimited data will remain. BB has great customer support as I was able to cancel the pre-order and return the BB gift card for cash.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87