Samsung Chat Rep

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Yasmin'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
info: Your Issue ID for this chat is *********************
Yasmin: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
matt: hello, when is the samsung galaxy s3 for verizon being released? all other carriers are already shipping, whats the deal? sorry, I just really want this phone and I am confused of why I am waiting longer than other carriers
matt: I have already pre ordered, i did it at best buy
Yasmin: I understand that you want to details about the galaxy S III from verizon. Am I right?
matt: yes please, I hope you have an definite answer
Yasmin: I will be glad to assist you.
matt: thanks!
Yasmin: We are dedicated to Samsung support.
Yasmin: Samsung already shipped the Galaxy S III devices to carrier team.
matt: So samsung has shipped the devices to verizon?
Yasmin: It will be released with in a week but there is no official announcement.
Yasmin: Yes, software update is going on from Verizon.
Yasmin: Please contact Verizon for the exact information.
matt: alright, thanks so much for your help! I will rate you good when I exit!
Yasmin: You can contact Verizon support at 1-888-466-4646.
Click here to reach them online.
matt: thanks!
Yasmin: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
matt: nope, thanks again!

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I did another chat to confirm and got some new info, they are currently putting the bloat on it! :p

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Reese'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is ************************

Reese: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
matthew: Hello, when is the verizon samsung galaxy s3 coming out? I pre ordered at best buy already. I'm getting jealous of the other carriers who have already shipped some out!
matthew: My best buy reciept says 6/28 but verizon says BY 7/11. i dont know what to believe so I hope you have an answer!
Reese: I understand you would like to know about galaxy SIII with the verizon. Am I correct?
matthew: yes please!
Reese: Thank you for confirming.
matthew: welcome!
Reese: It will be released with in a week but there is no official announcement.
Reese: Yes, software update is going on from Verizon.
Reese: Please contact Verizon for the exact information.
matthew: so they are updating the software?
matthew: do you mean something like putting the carrier branding and apps on it?
Reese: I would like to inform that, as we at the tech Support. we don't have exact information regarding it.
matthew: alright well thanks!

Last edited:

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You are now chatting with 'Sandra'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is *********************

Sandra: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Robert: I was wondering if you happened to know when the Galaxy S3 will be available for Verizon customers. I'm sure you've gotten this question a lot
Sandra: Yes. You are correct.
Sandra: No problem.
Sandra: I understand that you want to know the release date of Samsung Galaxy SIII for Verizon customers. Is that correct?
Robert: yes
Sandra: Thank you.
Sandra: New York City — June 21, 2012 —The Samsung Galaxy S? III has officially arrived in the U.S. The premium content sharing smartphone is available online starting today on T-Mobile’s Web site and in select retail stores. AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular will have the Galaxy S III in-store and online within the upcoming weeks.
Sandra: However, I will provide you contact number of our Samsung Voice Support team to assist you in this further details. It's a toll-free number.
Sandra: You can contact our dedicated Galaxy S phones voice support team at 1-877-EZ2GALAXY (1-877-392-4252).They are available 24/7.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You are now chatting with 'Sandra'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Sandra: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Robert: I was wondering if you happened to know when the Galaxy S3 will be available for Verizon customers. I'm sure you've gotten this question a lot
Sandra: I understand that you want to know the release date of Samsung Galaxy SIII for Verizon customers. Is that correct?
Sandra: New York City ? June 21, 2012 ?The Samsung Galaxy S? III has officially arrived in the U.S. The premium content sharing smartphone is available online starting today on T-Mobile?s Web site and in select retail stores. AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular will have the Galaxy S III in-store and online within the upcoming weeks.
Sandra: However, I will provide you contact number of our Samsung Voice Support team to assist you in this further details. It's a toll-free number.
Sandra: You can contact our dedicated Galaxy S phones voice support team at 1-877-EZ2GALAXY (1-877-392-4252).They are available 24/7.

well im calling that number! lol didnt know they had one just for galaxy phones

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Sandra: New York City ? June 21, 2012 ?The Samsung Galaxy S? III has officially arrived in the U.S. The premium content sharing smartphone is available online starting today on T-Mobile?s Web site and in select retail stores. AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular will have the Galaxy S III in-store and online within the upcoming weeks.

Evidentally this rep didn't get the memo.... :)

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I called the number, they said it is suppose to be out today lol. I well at least the last chat I did exposed that Verizon doing the bloat right now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I called the number, they said it is suppose to be out today lol. I well at least the last chat I did exposed that Verizon doing the bloat right now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

What!?!?!?!?!?!?

Boat on a Verizon phone?? Say it ain't so!

I know what I will be doing after I log into mine

Root>Remove All Verizon Apps

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What!?!?!?!?!?!?

Boat on a Verizon phone?? Say it ain't so!

I know what I will be doing after I log into mine

Root>Remove All Verizon Apps

I wonder if the ics feature that would allow us to remove bloat without root would be disabled by Verizon?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought the pre-orders were shipping directly from Samsung? Wouldn't VZ have put the bloat on before this?

They can do it over the air before they ship the phones to the carriers or just load the devices up before they packaged them. Either way, Verizon doesn't have to physically touch the phones to get their software on it. They can have samsung do it. And since this isn't samsungs first vow phone I'm sure they have a good process in place.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if the ics feature that would allow us to remove bloat without root would be disabled by Verizon?

Disabling isn't really the same as removing them. Touchwiz already allows you to hide apps from the launcher and ICS one ups that by also stopping it from running. And if it's like previous devices, some of the verizon apps/services probably won't be able to be disabled/removed without breaking other things.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Disabling isn't really the same as removing them. Touchwiz already allows you to hide apps from the launcher and ICS one ups that by also stopping it from running. And if it's like previous devices, some of the verizon apps/services probably won't be able to be disabled/removed without breaking other things.

For me, the main issue is bloat ware running. If it can be disabled, then at least it doesn't use resources, except disk space. Obviously, full removal is best, but for those that don't want to root, the ability to disable is most welcome.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Resources shouldn't really be an issue with 2GB of memory and most of the pre-installed apps/services have little to no impact on performance/battery life. And in the end, you're still waiting for verizon to fine tune their mess before pushing updates which is the main issue.