Verizon logo on front of our S3 ?

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I guy mentions here (in the comments section) that he saw a Verizon commercial which shows the Galaxy S3 with their logo above the home button.

Has anyone else seen this commercial to confirm ?
I really hope this turns out to be a false alarm.

Probably just an advertising model. I'm going to be soooo pissed if I waited this long and Verizon decides to be the only carrier to slap their logo on the front. Seriously this is unacceptable, the model on their site does not have this so the final product shouldn't either.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it, it's right above the home button, and I think it looks much sexier than having it at the top or back. It's almost like pressing verizon logo lol. I'm hoping it's not on the back cover. Pebble blue looks really sexy with that logo!

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
While I obviously have not yet seen the elusive Verizon model with my own eyes, Verizon commercials tend to use faux markings, characters, designs, and graphics, so be sure to take this with a grain or two of salt.

Just look at the signal bars and 4G icon in the taskbar on any Verizon phone in one of their commercials and you'll see what I mean. It's not even close to what it looks like in real life.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've seen it, it's right above the home button, and I think it looks much sexier than having it at the top or back. It's almost like pressing verizon logo lol. I'm hoping it's not on the back cover. Pebble blue looks really sexy with that logo!

I hope its on the back cover because if it looks that bad you can just buy a replacement back cover. If its on the front there's nothing you can do.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Haha ya know what I could honestly see Verizon doing that. They love their logo on everything and would most definitely want to differentiate their model, even if it just meant slapping it on the front. I like the look of it being all clean on the front with no logo, so hopefully they don't do that. But, as long as it's done in a tasteful manner I'm not going to gripe about it.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Probably because Apple and Google control the looks and functionality of their iphone and nexus, not allowing the carriers to molest them as they would like.

All other devices are fair game. As for the GS3, with the handset being on 3 carriers minimum, i could see them branding the phones as they would want to let people know that this is not from at&t or sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Probably because Apple and Google control the looks and functionality of their iphone and nexus, not allowing the carriers to molest them as they would like.

All other devices are fair game. As for the GS3, with the handset being on 3 carriers minimum, i could see them branding the phones as they would want to let people know that this is not from at&t or sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Thought I read and saw that the Verizon branding will be on the back.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung was adamant about NOT having ANY branding on the front of the phone when releasing the SIII to respective phone companies; they are indeed taking a page from the iPhone.

All branding will be on the back cover if anything.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't like this one bit. I have the Gnex and love the clean look. Honestly, I could do without the Samsung branding either. I will however take that over the vzw mark. I don't care about it being on the back, my ringke slim cases are patiently waiting to cover that up :cool:

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't like this one bit. I have the Gnex and love the clean look. Honestly, I could do without the Samsung branding either. I will however take that over the vzw mark. I don't care about it being on the back, my ringke slim cases are patiently waiting to cover that up :cool:

It's something I've never really noticed before but it really does give the phone such a clean, sleek look when there's no branding at all (I have a Nexus too, 1st time using a Nexus device)

That being said, I'm not sure I will be paying attention if my phone is whizzing along with a better processor, more RAM, etc etc

Bring on the SGS3 :)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What's the big deal? You have verizon what's so bad about having a logo on your phone? They have every right to put their logo on it. I know I would if I was version especially for a phone that was released on every major carrier

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez