No subfolders on Exchange email?

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something, or is it not possible to access subfolders on an Exchange account? It can see the main inbox, plus deleted, junk, sent, etc., but none of my subfolders.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Never mind, I found them. You have to go to the "show all folders" menu, then click on the tiny icon with the green arrow in it next to your main inbox. That will open your other folders.

I'll be curious to see if these update by default, or only on opening.

critterteam5

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I resolved this myself. I deleted the Exchange account from the Galaxy Siii and then added it back. When I did it synchronized all of the sub-folders. Hope I do not need to do this for any future folders I add in Outlook.

skiotter

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
I just got a Note 8 and the sub folders that I use to organize my work emails were nowhere to be found. I went through every setting but no luck. I tried some of the other email apps that were recommended here and at other help sites. In the end, the only one that worked to show my sub folders was the Microsoft Outlook app. No settings to hunt for. It just worked. I was about to return my Note 8 before I found that this app solved my problem. Too bad Samsung can't fix there default app!

H Hayslett

Jul 9, 2018
Visit site
I just got a Note 8 and the sub folders that I use to organize my work emails were nowhere to be found. I went through every setting but no luck. I tried some of the other email apps that were recommended here and at other help sites. In the end, the only one that worked to show my sub folders was the Microsoft Outlook app. No settings to hunt for. It just worked. I was about to return my Note 8 before I found that this app solved my problem. Too bad Samsung can't fix there default app!

Took a minute, but I found out where to sync the subfolders.

Open the native email app and click on the cog (top right) to open Email Settings
Select your email account with the subfolders
Tap the folder icon to the left of the "Inbox"
Click the slider to begin synchronizing your selected subfolder

I'm using a Galaxy S9 and the native email app. I almost switched back to Outlook, but found this.

I hope this helps!

Shirly ziv

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
Took a minute, but I found out where to sync the subfolders.

Open the native email app and click on the cog (top right) to open Email Settings
Select your email account with the subfolders
Tap the folder icon to the left of the "Inbox"
Click the slider to begin synchronizing your selected subfolder

I'm using a Galaxy S9 and the native email app. I almost switched back to Outlook, but found this.

I hope this helps!

Im from a far away country
Just wanted to tell you you are the greatest person that ever lived !!! I have been trying for a week and no one could help and you solved it thank you so much!!!! it took me like 15 minutes to figure out how ro registet to this forum english isnt my native language but i had to do it just to thank you. You saved me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez