PS3 Controller + Galaxy S3

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there a way to connect the Sixaxis PS3 controller through bluetooth to the S3 w/o root acess? If not would just plugging it into the MHL adaptor work.

Thanks!

atheistatic

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there a way to connect the Sixaxis PS3 controller through bluetooth to the S3 w/o root acess? If not would just plugging it into the MHL adaptor work.

Thanks!

It will work natively w/o rooting I believe wired...
Not sure about wireless...

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I do not believe it will work wirelessly without root.

You should be able to plug it into a powered USB hub and then plug the hub into the MHL dongle input (a hassle of little gadgets I know) to get it to work wired.

I have not bought my MHL dongle yet so I haven't tried it first hand.

-Suntan

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
There's wired PS3 controllers? Never seen one, mind you....I've never looked for one either :). Try Sixaxis Controller in the Play Store, I know it works with my CM10 TouchPad, and based on the reviews in the Play Store....looks like it works just fine with the SGS3. Just noticed the "ROOT ACCESS IS REQUIRED"...oh well...just root your phone with a stock ROM...easy to do with Odin. Over at XDA there's a thread on how to root without tripping your flash counter. I can confirm that this does, in fact, not raise the counter at all. Just make sure you find the proper firmware, flash stock, and basically your phone is exactly the same, except it's rooted.