Can't install apk from an email

a-dogg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So this is really weird...

As of about 2 hours ago, I realized that when I hit "Install" on an apk inside an email message in my Gmail app...nothing happens. I can hit "Cancel" and get it to back out, but "Install" does nothing. I went into developer mode and turned on the tracer to show where I hit the touchscreen, and that area of the screen appears to be working fine.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Do I need to do a full factory reset?

So weird...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Factory reset shouldn't be necessary. Try and access you Gmail account using your browser. See if you can download/install the apk from there.

S3nt from GalaxyS3

a-dogg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I just did it... And then found the solution a bit late. I use Lux Auto Brightness and I didn't have it set to disable itself when inside emails. Apparently, it puts an overlay on the screen and a few other people have had the same issue.

There's a compatibility mode in Lux that allows you to exclude it from running while you use certain programs...I just need to figure out exactly what to set up so it doesn't mess with installing apks from emails...

Oh, well. My Sunday was relaxed for a few hours anyway... :-!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked system settings /security and made sure unnamed Souris checked?
Kind of basic but...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana