Profile Pictures for My Contacts

oma1340

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
How do I get pictures to show up in my contacts that have a Facebook profile picture??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You have to sign into both the Facebook app (if you want to use it) and the Facebook for syncing in the add accounts screen. Give it a few minutes to get caught up and then go through anyone that isn't showing a picture and make sure that the phone paired the contact to the Facebook contact. Occasionally it won't make a logical jump from say Jen X in you contacts to Jennifer Xavier on your Facebook account so you have to manually link the two.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
But when you sign out of FB...all contact pictures that have sync'd are gone. I guess I'm in left field.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just sync facebook under accounts and sync, no need to log off, but turn off all notifications in the app itself.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you consider a third-party for syncing contact pictures. I've found Facebook contacts sync to be just fantastic for two reasons:

1. The pictures display with much higher quality. It just looks great when you're making a call to see a higher-quality picture display when you're making a call rather than a boxy, pixelated mish mosh.

2. I use Go SMS Pro as my texting app, and I could never get it to display Facebook contact pictures for each of my conversations. With the third-party application, they now display and look great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums