Cursing in a text message

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
How can I F*****G stop it from putting these S****Y stars?

I know there has to be a setting somewhere, just can't find it for the life of me

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I swear like a sailor in texts (to appropriate people)...and have never seen this??? Do you have any kind of parental settings or a 3rd party keyboard setting of some kind? I honestly have no idea, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't censor by default.

(Some web forums will auto censor, but that's on their side...you are referring strictly to SMS texts, right?)

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Try this: settings>language and input>Voice search>and check "block offensive words"

I can type offensive words without *** replacing the letters so maybe this setting will help.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Try this: settings>language and input>Voice search>and check "block offensive words"

I can type offensive words without *** replacing the letters so maybe this setting will help.

That should do the trick for you

FissionMailed from Paranoid S3

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Piizadude...I thought of you when I seen this
28500.jpg

FissionMailed from Paranoid S3

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure on the s3, but on my thunderbolt I had to manually put all of my favorite words into the dictionary.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I don't have this in there.... the setting I mean. I am running beans rom, but I don't think he took that out

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

flampher

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, droidx2 used to swear like a sailor but just stopped the other day. Block offensive words is unchecked. I have tried checking un checking, batt pulls etc. I also added words in my dictionary still won't swear. I did notice if I launch the google search app and tap the microphone beside the text box it recognizes swear words and searches for them, and occasionally will repeat the word to me. Hangout app used to swear in voice to text but no more, and as I said block offensive words is unchecked and words have been added to the dictionary.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, droidx2 used to swear like a sailor but just stopped the other day. Block offensive words is unchecked. I have tried checking un checking, batt pulls etc. I also added words in my dictionary still won't swear. I did notice if I launch the google search app and tap the microphone beside the text box it recognizes swear words and searches for them, and occasionally will repeat the word to me. Hangout app used to swear in voice to text but no more, and as I said block offensive words is unchecked and words have been added to the dictionary.

The OP was banned ages ago; this thread is nearly a year old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez