Notifications

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Everyday I have the exact same notification..."SD Card safe to Remove". This just suddenly started. Anyone have any clue why?:mad:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Everyday I have the exact same notification..."SD Card safe to Remove". This just suddenly started. Anyone have any clue why?:mad:

Interesting. I have only had that issue when I have flashed a ROM and it wasn't in the correct format. How big is your SD Card?

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My wife is having a similar issue. Her SD Card keeps mounting and unmounting on its own. We swapped it for another to see if it was the card, but it does it with the other too.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Very strange. I know that with some SDCards, particularly larger ones have to be formatted in FAT32 or it will cause some issues. However it is constantly mounting and unmounting that sounds more like a problem with it being seated wrong in the slot. If it is a software issue that is a very strange one.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You might want to try the following: I have listed them starting with the simplest.

1. Take your battery out and reboot (see if this solves your issue)
2. Wipe Phone cache. (see if this solves your issue)
3. Delete contents on your SD. First Back up your SD contents to your PC. (see if this solves your issue)
4. Reformat the SD card, reboot phone. Does this solve your issue?

** Try and recall what if any changes were made when the issue started: New app, SD card removed from phone, changed phone settings, New files loaded on SD card (maybe a corrupt file), connected phone to PC?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You might want to try the following: I have listed them starting with the simplest.

3. Delete contents on your SD. First Back up your SD contents to your PC. (see if this solves your issue)

** Try and recall what if any changes were made when the issue started: New app, SD card removed from phone, changed phone settings, New files loaded on SD card (maybe a corrupt file), connected phone to PC?

Nice list there. I'll have to keep that in mind when/if that happens to me. Or someone else for that matter.

Best of luck lorroth:thumbup: please let us know if the steps work

FissionMailed from Paranoid S3

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If your SDCard is FAT32 formatted you shouldn't have any problems. That seems to be the format that is most usable in these phones.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If your SDCard is FAT32 formatted you shouldn't have any problems. That seems to be the format that is most usable in these phones.

I don't know what my card is formatted as. I just slapped it in and haven't had any problems

FissionMailed from Paranoid S3

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

^^^^ this to. I had issues transferring files on card initially when it was formatted as exFAT, I then re formatted card to FAT32 and have had no issues since.

***Sandisk SDXC 64 GB cards come preformatted as exFAT. To reformat card use this tool.

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
eeeeeeeeeeeek....I didn't format my card...just popped it in.
It is 32 GB card...I will try the steps above and let you all know

Thanks

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Today's.......looks like a reboot is in order..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347629557887.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347629557887.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 62

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

OK I did all....but can't reformat my card. Every time I try it tell me windows is unable to format card. Does that mean I have a bad card???? Does that mean I return to Verizon?????

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
woooooooooot SanDisc is replacing my card. On their website, seems there is a repeat issue with Androids and their SD Cards.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I got this same error a few weeks back. I hadn't even touched the card since installing it in July. I rebooted and it has never come back. I have all my music on my card and I use it almost daily.

I chalked it up to a random issue since it hasn't returned, but I have a Sandisk card too. I'm sure many of us do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87