And little off topic: Google Voice

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Can someone give me a run down of how to make the most out of GV?

I know there are some advantages to using it with your cell number for managing voice mail, but I'd also like to create a "junk call" number to give out when I started doing some car shopping. I have multiple Google accounts for email, so I assume I could just create a couple GV accounts too. Maybe attach my Android Google login to my cell and then use another for the junk number. Does GV just forward to your number, or is there a way to harness them in an app?
If there is a good explanatory article, I'd appreciate that too. I've read things in the past, but would be curious to hear from some users. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Chevyracing252

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
You don't need a junk number... When u get a call from someone you never want to hear from again, and simply spam them so they can leave a message I sent your spam label, and or block them and they will think you changed your number.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Can someone give me a run down of how to make the most out of GV?
I know there are some advantages to using it with your cell number for managing voice mail, but I'd also like to create a "junk call" number to give out when I started doing some car shopping. I have multiple Google accounts for email, so I assume I could just create a couple GV accounts too. Maybe attach my Android Google login to my cell and then use another for the junk number. Does GV just forward to your number, or is there a way to harness them in an app?
If there is a good explanatory article, I'd appreciate that too. I've read things in the past, but would be curious to hear from some users. Thanks.
I had been looking into setting up a Google Voice number too, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I know that some setup steps are slightly different/influenced depending on your phone carrier. However, I was recently poking around their blog and noticed a "recent" announcment that may help in answer to your question about harnessing calls/v-mail via an app, and trolling through their support website for setup instructions may also be helpful? EDIT: Oh, and poking around the Google Voice Forum may also provide some helpful tidbits.
And in counterpoint @chevrolet.racing252: Please don't presume someone "doesn't need a junk number". I think VicVinegar's point was that he didn't want to even receive the "junk calls" on his phone in the first place. Why clutter up your reject list on your phone if you don't have to. ;)

Chevyracing252

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
That is the nice thing about the android app, but once you spam a missed call or contact, and their calls never even ring your phone and the only way you even know they they called is to open the spam label in the app or Google voice website... I have used Google voice for everything since the early beta stages and there aren't many features of Google voice that I haven't used myself...

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo