Jumped the IOS ship, first day with my GS3

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I finally jumped the apple ship. After having owned the iPhone 4 then the iPhone 4s I'm happy to say that I decided to try out Android for the first time.

I'm a pretty techy guy and I am already loving the more in-depth OS on the Galaxy S3.

I'm coming from the "iMore" community,Looking forward to lurking and learning on these forums.

So between the Iphone 5 and the Galaxy S3... I went with the Galaxy, Hope i made the right choice lol.

Even though apple has great hardware, the iOS was starting to get really stale.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome Aboard!

I went from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy Nexus and I know what you mean about the OS. there are so many things you can tweak to your liking. As for the iPhone 5 compared to the GS3, I think you made the right choice. just wait till we get the Android 4.1.2 update and have Multi-View. there are great things headed your way.

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to droid world! I get my GS3 in 2 weeks and cannot wait. I currently have the HTC thunderbolt. I am choosing the GS3 over the iPhone 5. I have played with both and live the technology of droid.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

wolverine318

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess I will make my first post here as well. I also just jumped the iOS ship after owning the iphone 4. I am loving the more open OS of android compared to iOS. I have already rooted/unlocked and installed the latest JB release. I cannot wait for the official JB release.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome!

Big time Apple guy here but I do love the Android OS and my GS3. I have no interest in getting an iPhone 5. I just loaded Jelly Bean on my GS3 yesterday and it's awesome now! The forums here have wonderful tutorials for rooting and flashing your phone. Have fun!

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome!.. I am definitely looking forward to upcoming updates.

Will have to look into Rooting and flashing..

I've jailbroken my past iphones.. to mainly get features that Android already has stock.

What is possible when rooting and flashing a GS3 that isn't already available?

-chris

-Chris

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Leaked updates like Jelly Bean right now. There are theme's that you can use once rooted. You can get rid of all the Verizon crap they put on your phone as well.....

Some apps from other devices require root to install. For instance, if you want to try the camera and gallery from the latest Android OS on your S3 you need root to install it as it gets installed through a custom recovery.

Rooting the S3 is a piece of cake but just make sure to read first and backup you IMEI. Look that stuff up. Make sure to read, read and read! Also with the bootloader unock tool, I have heard the newer ones had issues in the market. Not sure if that has been fixed but for a while people were using an older version from the forums.

If you do not know what any of this means, it means you need to read first, ask questions if you do not understand, then root away!

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I came from iOS (iPhone 4) to Android and I'm a lot happier. I can make the phone exactly what I want it to be, and the performance of the S3 is just amazing. You won't regret it. There is nothing wrong with iOS, really. But it's boring and there is nothing you can do about it. With Android you can make huge changes without even having to root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty