[OFFICIAL] Jelly Bean update starts Dec. 14

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an N10 so I already have 4.2
Word of advice: if and/or when y'all get the 4.2 update,use caution. It isn't the greatest update and might not be worth it to some people.

anon(384066)

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How did you take a screenshot without rooting your phone? Android isn't that advanced, and the previous OTA (some minor patch) unrooted mine.

EDIT: I found it. Apparently, this is a new feature in Jellybean. Press and hold POWER + HOME, or swipe the screen with the side of your hand.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My install failed 3 times. Unsure If its due to being rooted or bootloader being unlocked. Any ideas. I restored back to stock ICS.

Edit: I forgot to restore ICS radio files aswell. This fixed the issue.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Aaramona Ward

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
How do you do this if you dont mind me asking? My update keeps failing as well.
My install failed 3 times. Unsure If its due to being rooted or bootloader being unlocked. Any ideas. I restored back to stock ICS.

Edit: I forgot to restore ICS radio files aswell. This fixed the issue.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you do this if you dont mind me asking? My update keeps failing as well.

Did you change the radio files on your phone in the past?

Are you getting this as your error message.

byveraje.jpg

If you don't have a ICS radios then download them from the official modems thread over at rootzwiki. And flash it in recovery.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
How did you take a screenshot without rooting your phone? Android isn't that advanced, and the previous OTA (some minor patch) unrooted mine.

EDIT: I found it. Apparently, this is a new feature in Jellybean. Press and hold POWER + HOME, or swipe the screen with the side of your hand.

Umm, the S3 has had this capability since it came out. Its not new from Jellybean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress