Jelly Bean Issues After Update

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
for notifications you pinch to zoom horrizontially to expand and contract the notification. no idea why Verizon changed it from the 2-finder pull down method.

Thanks! That did the trick for me!

By the way, has anyone else felt that the notification bar doesn't seem as smooth as it was under ICS?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was wondering how to work the notifications. I am getting a screen flicker while using WhatsApp... Anyone having a similar issue?

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It is weird. When you expand the notification bar its black. But when it's collapsed and your looking at your home screen its definitely Grey.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My corporate e-mail keep reloading older emails. It happens a few times a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And where is this "dormant mode" I read about in the new TouchWiz? (Dormant mode - AndroidNova.org)

It's still there, just a bit hidden by our friends at Verizon. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the Play store. Then search for 'blocking mode' in it. You'll find the settings pane for Blocking mode which you can still use. Create a desktop shortcut for it and you're good to go.

KaskaA

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I put my work address into Google Now for the traffic updates, but it keeps showing me directions from my current location to a random place instead of the address I put in. Anyone else having that?

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The notification bar is definitely gray. On the left side of the notification bar the icons are also noticeably faded. Pulling down the notification bar is also noticeably laggy. You can only expand notifications by pinching and zooming and not 2 fingers. Notifications for some reason are defaulting to the expanded view. There is a new Verizon backup and media app that cannot be disabled and it is always running in the background. I wonder how much battery this will take.

:: Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

antdwg671

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am...whenever I get a notification SMS/mms I can't expand them at all..when I receive an email it is already expanded when I pull down on the notification shade....have you come across any solutions?

nbrooks#AC

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have two Google accounts on the phone. One Gmail and one Google Apps. When going through the wizard to setup Google Now I can only choose the Gmail account, not the Google Apps account. I would really like it to see the calendar from the Google Apps account.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just finished the update and phone overall seems to move faster. Only issue I have noticed is that every text message I receive using the default text app now has the sender's call back number displayed. I can't find a way to turn this off. I see an option to enable or disable my own call back number, but not of those I have received.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Anybody using nova launcher prime know how to get the text bubble back on the unlock screen when you have a new text message?

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I had disabled the Email app before the update. Now after the update, i'm trying to re-enable it however that option is gone. Anyone know how to get it back?

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
So FoxFi still works but the Verizon Hotspot turns on in the background. I'm worried I'm going to get charged the $20 a month since I'm still locked in the unlimited data plan. Anyone know anything about this? I know people who have the new data plan get the Mobile Hotspot for free....I don't have that.

Same here. I don't have one of the new plans, so a Hotspot will cost me. Before the update, FoxFi never turned on the Verizon Hotspot. I tried to turn off the Verizon Hotspot, but I lost connection even though FoxFi said it was still on. I do know that the developer stated that WiFi mode will not work on some phones after the JB update, but Bluetooth will work on all. I just hope he fixes WiFi mode soon.

Anomalant

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the 2X3 calendar widget to the right of my homescreen (second screen). The calendar is set up to sync with my gmail account. Whenever I swipe sideways to get to the second homescreen from the main homescreen it does not move smoothly. It kind of sticks for a very short period, the transition is jarring. Can anyone else replicate this? Seems to be a glitch with this specific widget because I have moved it to another home screen and seem to have similar results.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My exchange email now shows white on white and I can't find the setting to fix it. Any ideas?

Anomalant

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock 2x3 calendar widget on the home screen to the right of the main home screen. It is connected to my gmail account. Ever since the jelly bean update when I swipe to the second homescreen to check my calendar it sticks a little bit. The transition is not smooth at all. This only occurs the first time after the phone has sat for a little bit. Once I've swiped to the screen and then moved away, if I go back to the calendar the transition appears to be smooth again (like pre jelly bean). I am guessing this has something to do with the calendar data loading before moving to the second screen with the calendar widget. Can anyone else confirm this issue?