text message notification problem

hand banana

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone else's gs3 not sounding the entire notification when getting a text?

it doesnt happen all the time but id say about 75% of the time when i get a text, it plays half of the notification sound then stops, anyone else?

toan04

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
anyone else's gs3 not sounding the entire notification when getting a text?

it doesnt happen all the time but id say about 75% of the time when i get a text, it plays half of the notification sound then stops, anyone else?

You have to go into your messaging app settings and uncheck "delete old messages" to fix this issue.

Brickedin21

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My step dad has been having this problem lately as well. I checked every setting, and all notification volumes are on and up, the delete old messages box has never been checked, and enable notifications in the applications manager is selected. However, when it doesn't work, when I restart the phone it works, but now for long. I tried using a different app all together, and that doesn't work. It isn't only the sound, but also the vibrate function as well. Which leads me to believe the phone is skipping over the notification entirely.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Been covered several times. Just go into your message settings and turn off the "Delete old messages" option. Apparently, as it plays your notification, it tries to delete a message at the same time, thus cutting it off.