Help! Getting photos off phone to pc

aimeeinohio

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok i am having a heck of a time here!

How the heck do you get photis from the s3 onto the computer?! I'm on a windows 7 pc... plugged the phone in using the cord that came with it- computer could not find drivers for it. Downloaded kies- phone and pc wouldn't connect.

I *finally* got the pics onto the computer after fighting with it for over an hour, but I don't know how!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Photobucket app that automatically uploads all of my pictures to photobucket.com. I don't to do anything, aside from setting it up. I avoid having to plug the phone into the computer this way.

Sent from my S3 on ACS

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You may want to give Kies Air (a built in app) a try, that way you don't have to mess with USB cables and drivers; all you have to do is open a browser on your PC and point it to the URL that Kies Air provides. Then you can navigate through the phone storage and pull down/push up any files that you want.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
First, make sure your phone in unlocked before plugging it into your PC. Once you plug in your phone you should see a message flash on your phone saying "Connected as Media device". In Windows 7 and higher, it does not get mounted as a "drive", it will connect as a media device. In the listing where all your drives are (in "My Computer" or File explorer) you will see all your drives in your PC and all the way at the bottom you'll see the Samsung media device.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was able to see mine as a Media device but no way to open any folders to copy over to my pc. I'm assuming it's because my phone must not be unlocked so I guess I'm outa luck.

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest looking at using Dropbox. If you go to dropbox.com it will walk you through the installation and setup process. Then install dropbox from the google play store, sign in and select automatic upload of pictures and videos. I have mine set to only upload over wifi so it save on data usage. Since I started using dropbox several months ago I never even think about it. I just open the dropbox folder on my computer and my pictures are there.

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
An app called Software Data Cable is the best. VASTLY superior to Kies Air. Much faster. Don't let the name fool you... it's wireless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest looking at using Dropbox.
Thanks so much for the idea psyjohn. I just did this and it worked like a charm :) Just an FYI - I tried SugarSync twice over the past year and had nothing but problems. Not saying it doesn't work fine for some folks, and I totally love the idea of it, but for me it's been a big problem. I think it would work fine for something like pics but be wary and use with great care. Right now after trying it for the 2nd time I'm still trying to find a whole ton of lost emails, year's worth and not having any luck with response from their tech support which I contacted after my post on their boards went unanswered for 4-5 days. Once they get the bugs worked out of it, SugarSync will be a dynamite app and service!