swype not working?

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the new SwiftKey. $2. I've been running the latest Swype beta. I'm thinking SwiftKey 4 flow, is my new permanent keyboard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I also have the Kii keyboard but if you use swype sometimes it won't do anything including regular text. But it has a feature where you can swype to the space bar to access the alt character on a key. Never got it to work but thought it was cool. I'm loving this on Swift Key! I'd bought it and never used it cause many things about it annoy me but swyping is super easy!

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Sywpe BETA. I have been using Sywpe for years.

Once you are used to it you can do a complete message without even looking at your phone.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sywpe BETA. I have been using Sywpe for years.

Once you are used to it you can do a complete message without even looking at your phone.

When I type "swype keyboard" or beta into the Play Store search, nothing comes up.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used SwiftKey for a long long time on 3 different phones including any SwiftKey betas. Same with Swype.
I also have tried almost every other keyboard available alpha, beta, free and some paid.

SwiftKey has always been my default and now as version 4, I have updated my GS3,my Nexus 7 tablet version, wife's Incredible 2,and my old Incredible 2 I upgraded from via wifi that has no data. I also paid for extra one because I have multiple users on N7 which has separate profiles for wife and me.

The only thing I have not done is sync it with Facebook, Gmail of SMS. The results still are incredible.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S 3.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I type "swype keyboard" or beta into the Play Store search, nothing comes up.

Swype is only available as beta software or OEM. You cannot update an OEM version via the beta website and the beta version will timeout and quit working at some point.

Something to remember

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Swype is only available as beta software or OEM. You cannot update an OEM version via the beta website and the beta version will timeout and quit working at some point.

Something to remember

No it won't. They update it regularly and this doesn't replace the Swype on the phone, it is a newer version. They aren't taking this from anyone.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No it won't. They update it regularly and this doesn't replace the Swype on the phone, it is a newer version. They aren't taking this from anyone.

You're incorrect.
My POINT, if you have an OEM version the beta version will not update it. And, you may find a beta version that works well, but it will expire and be replaced by a version that no longer works on your phone. If that is the case, you cannot reload the older version unless you've backed up the apk, and Swype will not provide or support an older version. Read the forum I've been on for the last couple years and figure it out.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
You're incorrect.
My POINT, if you have an OEM version the beta version will not update it. And, you may find a beta version that works well, but it will expire and be replaced by a version that no longer works on your phone. If that is the case, you cannot reload the older version unless you've backed up the apk, and Swype will not provide or support an older version. Read the forum I've been on for the last couple years and figure it out.

Well point is for now Swype beta is a miracle and works great..thanks for the link to the download its much better that swift key flow ever was

Sent from my amazing HTC

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You're incorrect.
Well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Right now I'm just using SwiftKey Flow mode because I really like the flow through space feature.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You're incorrect.

This is what they do and they don't sell to individuals. Not worried about Swype being gone.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Right now I'm just using SwiftKey Flow mode because I really like the flow through space feature.

I also like Flow, but not the predictive style that much. Flow is much better with the Play release, but I keep going back to Swype.

However, the Swype beta on my Thunderbolt became unusable once they started over with release 1. I had the apk backed up and did not get the time out like others, so could continue using the older version. I think the Swype business model is stupid, but that's the price to use the beta system.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried with both flow and swipe, seems after the update swype started working again. Im a firm believer that swype destroys flow, flow just always gets my words wrong in the predictive text. Glad that swype isnt having a problem

dansong

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
My old version of swype malfunctioned so I downloaded the swype beta. It now works perfectly and I hope I won't encounter any problem again in the future. Thanks to this forum for providing me the information to address my problem.