Preventing screen lock during phone call

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There are two things that can cause the screen to go black. In the phone app, go to menu / Call settings and uncheck "Auto screen off during calls." If this box is checked, the proximity detector senses when you put the phone to your face and blanks the screen so that you don't accidentally activate buttons with your face.

The other issue is the general screen time out. If it's set to 30 seconds, for example, I'm pretty sure the screen will still time out at 30 seconds after the last touch, even if you're on a call.

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks the proximity detector was on, I unchecked it, we'll see if that helps. Most of the time I use the speaker phone, so it's a real pain to have to push the home button just to end the call.

There are two things that can cause the screen to go black. In the phone app, go to menu / Call settings and uncheck "Auto screen off during calls." If this box is checked, the proximity detector senses when you put the phone to your face and blanks the screen so that you don't accidentally activate buttons with your face.

The other issue is the general screen time out. If it's set to 30 seconds, for example, I'm pretty sure the screen will still time out at 30 seconds after the last touch, even if you're on a call.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I understand. Another option, which you may or may not find useful: In Call settings / Call answering / ending, you can set the power key to end calls. This will, I think, end the call and turn on the screen.

AndroidRocks101

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
my screen used to get locked due to inactivity. "Use power button to end call" setting has allowed me to use power button to activate screen without ending the call. I am happy now. Thanks for your help

vorlan

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Use "Screen On Call" app to keep screen on during call. There is no need to turn proximity sensor off. It will keep working and if you move you phone to your ear, screen will go off, but if you keep it on the table or away from any blocking objects, screen will stay on, so you will be able to use keypad to punch more numbers or for whatever reason you want screen to stay on.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Why worry about the screen being on when it's next to your face? You can't see it anyway.
I just don't get it.

AC App on SGS3

haryadoon

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not so much that the phone locks when it's near your face, it's that the phone doesn't unlock when your call is finished. The stupid proximity sensor doesn't detect that you've moved the phone away from your face. To end a call at this stage, while the screen is black, you have to push the home key to wake it up, then double-tap to unlock, then push the end call button. Too many taps!

Pontygal

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Someone who has actually told me how to get back to my call screen to end the call. Yesterday I put my locked phone away not realising the call hadn't ended and had a 40 min call instead of 1 min argh! ! Just in case - thank you :)

chaos_prevails

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello

thank you for the tipp. Unfortunately this option does not exist. I use Android 4.2.2 (cyanogenmod 10.3 for the chacha). I looked very carefully and there is no such option. The phone does work well otherwise.

I also don't have any option in settings to calibrate the gyroscopse sensor. I installed the (correct) gapps slim package to get the google apps after installing cyanogenmod.

Do you know what is missing on my phone? How can I get those options?

thank you alot!

Rajaram Pittala

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I was also having the same issue since, I have replaced my broken screen 2 times.

Problem

Screen goes blank when call in progress (As soon as you click on call someone). Power button and volume button doesn't work.

I was searching for the solution online and came across this thread. But, unfortunately, couldn't find the solution.

So I went ahead and doing some trials and luckily found a way to get through when this problem occurs.

Solution

Step 1 Open your "Menu"

Step 2 Click on " Settings "

Screenshot_2015-08-10-21-55-22.png

Step 3 Scroll down to " System " settings and click on " Accessibilty "

Screenshot_2015-08-10-21-55-30.png

Step 4 The following screen will appear

Screenshot_2015-08-10-21-55-46.png

Step 5 Scroll down to to see an option called "Power button ends call" , Turn this function "On"

Screenshot_2015-08-10-21-55-56.png

Step 6 Now, save your "settings" and come to your "Home Screen"

Now, you can end your calls just with "Power button". When your screen goes blank and nothing works (Check dialing your customer care).

P.S : To use "in call functions, you need to plugin your headphones and the screen will appear normally. (If you anyone knows how to solve this without plugging headphones, Please do reply me with the solution.)

Hope it will be helpful to someone.

Thank you.

Rajaram Pittala

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I was also having the same issue since, I have replaced my broken screen 2 times.

Problem

Screen goes blank when call in progress (As soon as you click on call someone). Power button and volume button doesn't work.

I was searching for the solution online and came across this thread. But, unfortunately, couldn't find the solution.

So I went ahead and doing some trials and luckily found a way to get through when this problem occurs.

Solution

Step 1 Open your "Menu"

Step 2 Click on " Settings "

View attachment 190650

Step 3 Scroll down to " System " settings and click on " Accessibilty "

View attachment 190651

Step 4 The following screen will appear

View attachment 190652

Step 5 Scroll down to to see an option called "Power button ends call" , Turn this function "On"

View attachment 190656

Step 6 Now, save your "settings" and come to your "Home Screen"

Now, you can end your calls just with "Power button". When your screen goes blank and nothing works (Check dialing your customer care).

P.S : To use "in call functions, you need to plugin your headphones and the screen will appear normally. (If you anyone knows how to solve this without plugging headphones, Please do reply me with the solution.)

Hope it will be helpful to someone.

Thank you.

Everything happens for a good reason. Just be happy and move on.

tamartruscott

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
how can I prevent screen from locking during conversations. or how can I permanently un-lock screen so I don't have to manually un-lock every few seconds during conversations?

billip69

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Why worry about the screen being on when it's next to your face? You can't see it anyway.
I just don't get it.

AC App on SGS3

One reason - when the phone is used hands-free, eg, sitting on desk or with earpiece. At the end of every call, or during call if you want to use calendar or check e-mail, etc, have to unlock before using any of the device functions again.

Deividas Vizgaudis

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone. I try a lot progams and all buttons to fix this problem and just one method help for me. When during calls plug-in and plug-out headset and your screen come back from black or just during calls with headset plugged-in and your screen never sleep. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49