Facebook Chatheads Not Working

bassdj

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...not sure if this is an S3 specific thing or not so I decided to post in here.
Anyways the new messenger came out today and I wanted to try out chatheads. I install all the updates and everything. Even Facebook home. There is no option to even enable chatheads in my app. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
7a4ety8e.jpg

P.S. Mods if you need to move this, please do!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys...not sure if this is an S3 specific thing or not so I decided to post in here.
Anyways the new messenger came out today and I wanted to try out chatheads. I install all the updates and everything. Even Facebook home. There is no option to even enable chatheads in my app. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/7a4ety8e.jpg

P.S. Mods if you need to move this, please do!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

could it be because your phone is rooted?
I am running stock and its working with me

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my Note 2. I have upgraded, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache and rebooted FB and FB Messenger several times. Still no option to use Chat Heads. I'm not rooted and have tried Go Launcher and the stock Twiz.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy Note 2.

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just been doing some testing. Like I said in my previous post chat heads are not working for me and there are no opptions to turn it on. But if I simply log out of messenger and log in with my wife's FB account, chat heads are working fine and the options are listed in the settings. Switch back to my account and they are gone. This is looking like a FB issue not a phone issue. Strange how the settings options totally change with changing accounts.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy Note 2.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I just read that the chat heads rollout is "staggered", which apparently means that groups of accounts will get this feature over time rather than everyone at once. I've noticed this before with other FB new feature rollouts, that they do staggered rollouts. When they rolled out a whole new look a while ago, my wife's account got it at least a week before me. I was surprised to see that, but happy, since I didn't like the new look anyways *smile*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87