Replacement S3... can I do a mass re-download of all apps?

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got a replacement S3, and if I remember right, that last time I had to 'install' each app from the Play store one by one. Is there a way to do some kind of mass download to the new phone without having to go to the Play store and clicking on install on each and every app?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Normally that is a step in the setup process. Do me a favor, go to your settings, auto sync. Can you set your Google account to autosync?
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Normally that is a step in the setup process. Do me a favor, go to your settings, auto sync. Can you set your Google account to autosync?
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

I don't have a "auto sync" feature. I did click on the Google account under 'Accounts' and then my google email address. It says 'sync disabled'. I clock on that and then 'Sync App Data' ?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a "auto sync" feature. I did click on the Google account under 'Accounts' and then my google email address. It says 'sync disabled'. I clock on that and then 'Sync App Data' ?

Try that, please. I'm sorry, I don't have a Samsung device, so I'm trying to wing it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
From your latop...do you have it plugged into the laptop?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Let see if this helps. I found this online. Can you navigate to your settings, your accounts, choose your Google account, select sync, and select apps as an option?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370484401283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370484401283.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370484409734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370484409734.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370484415891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370484415891.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 93

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm downloading the apps by going to the play store on my laptop and going to 'My android apps." and clicking on install on each app I want to "send to my phone" and then it shows up on my phone. it is NOT connected to my laptop.

your doing this on your phone? or your laptop? are you in wifi? turn your phone off then back on in wifi?

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
After I click on my google account, I get the following:
Accounts
- email@gmail.com (sync disabled)

Privacy
- Maps & Latitude
- Search
- Location settings
- Google +
- Ads
Let see if this helps. I found this online. Can you navigate to your settings, your accounts, choose your Google account, select sync, and select apps as an option?

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If I click on my email account name, I have the option to Syn App DATA, Contacts, Gmail, Google Photos, Play Books, etc..... but nothing for Sync Apps.Syncing App Data does nothing as far as downloading anything.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to send this thread to a friend of mine with a samsung and see if he knows Anything. Sorry I couldn't help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I click on my email account name, I have the option to Syn App DATA, Contacts, Gmail, Google Photos, Play Books, etc..... but nothing for Sync Apps.Syncing App Data does nothing as far as downloading anything.

I looked over the thread, when you set up your new S3, and you had to set up all that Google stuff all over again, you know, the Gmail stuff, did it connect to Google, to restore all your apps?

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I looked over the thread, when you set up your new S3, and you had to set up all that Google stuff all over again, you know, the Gmail stuff, did it connect to Google, to restore all your apps?
It had me enter my gmail address and password, but it never gave me the option to restore apps. I've even tried removing the account and adding it back... same results.