Lost Gmail unread count

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher and after the latest update, the unread Gmail count is not appearing on my homescreen app. Is this happening for anyone else?

brook196

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Its got something to do with the new gmail "categories" that was pushed on their last update. I only get the unread count for items in the primary folder now. All the other ones never show up. I am not sure how to fix it though. I can email Nova and ask them?

brook196

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got an email back from Tesla. We need to go into the Tesla Unread plug in app. Once there choose 'gmail', then select the tabs you want to get notified for.

baloo2944

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I was sitting here for 30 minutes trying to figure this out, never thought to click on the gmail account for further options, just figured on was on. Knew I should have checked Android Central Forums first. Thank you brook196 for this info.
Got an email back from Tesla. We need to go into the Tesla Unread plug in app. Once there choose 'gmail', then select the tabs you want to get notified for.

Peter Wimsey

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having this same problem. I have an SGS4 with Nova Prime and the Tesla Unread Count app installed. My stock email icon still has the unread badge, but my Gmail badge disappeared several weeks ago and won't come back no matter what I do. I've checked and rechecked my settings for Nova, Tesla Unread and Gmail, and I've turned the notification off and back on several times in the hope that it would help, but no luck. I even downloaded the new Nova update today, but that didn't help either. Any ideas?

FWIW, I first noticed this problem not after a Nova update, but a Gmail update (the one where they reorganized the inbox into Priority, Social, etc.).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
u9e2utyz.jpg
Peter,
Are you sure you're selecting this area?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Peter Wimsey

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realize until last night that there were several levels of menus behind gmail on/off. I had clicked gmail and selected which of my 3 accounts I wanted notifications for--but I didn't know that was no longer enough. When I accidentally tapped one of the account names, I found that you now have to select whether you want to be notified according to the new categories (Primary, Social, etc)--and none of them were turned on by default.

But that actually wasn't enough either. By playing with the settings, I found that I won't get a gmail badge at all unless notifications for ALL of my gmail accounts are turned on. I have now done this, and I'm satisfied.

BTW, if anyone is tempted to pay $1.47 for MissedIt! in the hopes that this will solve your problems with unread badges: don't bother. I tried that and found that it works great for gmail, but fails utterly with the Samsung stock email icon. For whatever reason, Nova doesn't seem to be picking up the stock email unreads from MissedIt, even when you select it as the notification provider.

Andreas Mayr

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I also lost the unread count but in a different way.I'm not sure if it happend after the latest andriod 4.3 update or after the Nova launcher update.
Now the unread count is shown above my camera icon and not the gmail app. missed calls doesn't work at all. SMS is ok. before everything was ok.

i have a Nexus 4 with the Tesla unread 2.3. See images. I reinstalled Tesla and shortcuts on the desk, restarted the phone without success. any suggestions?

2013-08-30 06.20.37.png
2013-08-30 06.21.33.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty