syncing S3?

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Currently, I have a Thunderbolt, but am researching my next phone. Is there a Samsung software used for syncing the device w/ a PC? I am looking for non-gmail syncing options as I do not use gmail.

Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi welcome, Samsung uses Kies to synch with PC. What do you want to synch,? Contacts, schedule, tasks, photos, docs.
Depending on PC setup an o/s can be a bit quirky. A lot of good 3rd party work a rounds. Ie drop box, ever note, Google synch etc.

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am looking to sync calendar and contacts from Outlook. I know Kies doesn't work with my husband's Samsung Stratosphere & that's why I was wondering if anyone has used Kies with THIS phone & have it work or do we need to look for a work around? If it needs a work-around software, what have you found that you like & is easy to use? Looking for suggestions...

Thank you!

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I ended up importing calendar and contacts into phone now using the phone and my galaxy tab 2 10.1 synched.
Found no easy way of keeping stock contacts and calendar synched with out look 2007.
I find myself using outlook less and less.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you do a search for Outlook and S3 you'll probably come across lots of posts dealing with this topic - I don't use Outlook, but I've read quite a few threads about 3rd party apps that help it sync with the Google calendar, etc. If I remember right, the one thing that was most troublesome was the Notes.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4