4.3 Update (Failed to download)

vlbrown

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still running 4.1.2

I seem to have turned off OTA update notifications (How did I do that? How do I turn them back on? I was never notified of an available update in the past 5 months)

I've been happy enough with 4.1.2 but I recently installed an app that requires 4.3. So, I went to Settings >> About Phone >> etc etc etc and clicked.

There's an update available (duh). I ask for it.
It says Connecting...
It spins for a while and then says the download failed.

I'm on WiFi. I'm near the access point. I don't move. This happens day or night, any time I try.

I contacted Samsung. No joy.
I contacted Verizon. They said: "Update was recently released & it'll take a few weeks to reach all devices. Once it is time for your device to get the update you will not get any error. Thanks for your patience"

I'm not trying to get the Canadian Roaming patch. I want the 4.3 update that was released in December 2013. Or a bug fix that was released after that.

Is the roaming patch filling up the network and bumping me out? is there some way around this problem? Is there a copy of update_SCH-1535_LHE_to_LK3 somewhere that I can download and instal manually?

Do I just have to assume that the "Canadian Roaming Patch" will eventually show up for me and include everything that came before it?

:( :-\ :-!

Last edited:

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm still running 4.1.2

I seem to have turned off OTA update notifications (How did I do that? How do I turn them back on? I was never notified of an available update in the past 5 months)

I've been happy enough with 4.1.2 but I recently installed an app that requires 4.3. So, I went to Settings >> About Phone >> etc etc etc and clicked.

There's an update available (duh). I ask for it.
It says Connecting...
It spins for a while and then says the download failed.

I'm on WiFi. I'm near the access point. I don't move. This happens day or night, any time I try.

I contacted Samsung. No joy.
I contacted Verizon. They said: "Update was recently released & it'll take a few weeks to reach all devices. Once it is time for your device to get the update you will not get any error. Thanks for your patience"

I'm not trying to get the Canadian Roaming patch. I want the 4.3 update that was released in December 2013. Or a bug fix that was released after that.

Is the roaming patch filling up the network and bumping me out? is there some way around this problem? Is there a copy of update_SCH-1535_LHE_to_LK3 somewhere that I can download and instal manually?

Do I just have to assume that the "Canadian Roaming Patch" will eventually show up for me and include everything that came before it?

:( :-\ :-!

Did you get 4.1.2 OTA or did you sideload? If the latter, you may be off the upgrade track.

vlbrown

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I did a manual update to 4.1.1 and then to 4.1.2 because I never got an OTA then, either ,and when I asked about updates (System... About Device >>), I kept getting "No update available".

I'm not rooted.

How do I get back on the upgrade track?

Or, alternatively, find a manual update file?

Last edited: