Downgrading from KitKat

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way I can downgrade from KitKat to the previous OS. The restriction that does not allow me to write to my SD Card by almost all of my apps is causing me significant problems. If there is not way to downgrade does anyone know a work around for this issue?

handybear

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I save all my music and pictures there because I run out of space on the phone. If you find a way would sure like to know. Stupidest change yet.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way I can downgrade from KitKat to the previous OS.
I haven't tried it myself but from what I've read - no, you'll soft-brick your phone if you do that.
If there is not way to downgrade does anyone know a work around for this issue?
Get different apps that have been updated to support KitKat - properly written apps should have no problem writing to the SD card; there are just security restrictions on them writing to directories/files that they don't own.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You know, that's interesting. Titanium Backup insists that my external SD card is not writeable, there was no way around it. I had to back up to the internal sd card, and manually copy the backup directory out to my external SD card. Since I only keep one backup for each app, it isn't a real problem (less than a GB.), but I do want backups on removable media.

I find it hard to believe that Titanium Backup hasn't been changed to work with 4.4.2 by now, but that would explain what I saw. I even tried uninstalling TB and re-installing it from the Play Store, but no luck at all. That would explain what I saw with TB, but that is bizarre, since they tend to be on top of what's happening. Maybe not this time, though. There may be less people rooting with 4.4.2 due to the Knox problems, I don't know.

Weird.

And yes, I can verify that if you try to go back to 4.3 from 4.4.2, you'll brick your phone, so that's not the right answer *smile*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress