VZ must be getting ready...

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon must be getting ready for the One. About 2 weeks ago I think it was I saw the DNA for $99. This past weekend they were giving it for Free at Best Buy. Let the dumping of the old begin to clear the way for the not as new as everyone else...(Last weekend there was a $79 HTC One on ATT for Fathers Day, its gonna hurt when VZ wants $250!)

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Wishfull thinking would tell me this blurb I saw today has something to do with the Verizon release, but probably not:

HTC had apparently begun pushing out an Android 4.2.2 update to the HTC One, but according to UK carrier Three, the update was pulled with no specific reasoning. They didn?t, however, say when or if HTC was going to begin rolling the update out again. HTC attempted to clarify some things, saying the One is still slated to receive Android 4.2.2, but customers are going to have to wait just a little bit longer before its available

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
oh I sure hope so. I am VERY excited to jump from this iphone to my first android phone.
I started with Android several years ago and had horrendous luck/made poor choices. I had a defective original Motorola Droid which didn't show signs of being a POS until after the 30 days, so when it finally broke, they'd only give me a refurbished one, and 5 refurbished ones later (they all died very quickly; one wouldn't even power up before I left the store?) I was fed up and they let me get the original Galaxy S (Fascinate) on its release day. As we all know that phone was pretty crappy, too, so when I upgraded I went to my iTurd 4S. I am incredibly sick of it and am chomping at the bit for the One to come to Verizon. I can upgrade July 7th and will wait as long as I have to but I really hope Verizon gets its act together soon here. I want this phone so badly.

SouthernDroid

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I started with Android several years ago and had horrendous luck/made poor choices. I had a defective original Motorola Droid which didn't show signs of being a POS until after the 30 days, so when it finally broke, they'd only give me a refurbished one, and 5 refurbished ones later (they all died very quickly; one wouldn't even power up before I left the store?) I was fed up and they let me get the original Galaxy S (Fascinate) on its release day. As we all know that phone was pretty crappy, too, so when I upgraded I went to my iTurd 4S. I am incredibly sick of it and am chomping at the bit for the One to come to Verizon. I can upgrade July 7th and will wait as long as I have to but I really hope Verizon gets its act together soon here. I want this phone so badly.

I feel you. I had seven Droid 2s, and swore that I would never touch another Android device. When I was eligible for an upgrade I got the iToy 4s. It was a good phone for about a year, when iOS6 came out. I had a chance to pick up a DROID DNA at a good price, so I took the jump. I am extremely satisfied with the DROID DNA, and can not wait for the HTC One to come out on Verizon. I don't think I could ever go back to the iToy, it feels so out dated compared to the latest Androids. I cringe from thinking about what iOS 7 will look like on my iPad.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel you. I had seven Droid 2s, and swore that I would never touch another Android device. When I was eligible for an upgrade I got the iToy 4s. It was a good phone for about a year, when iOS6 came out. I had a chance to pick up a DROID DNA at a good price, so I took the jump. I am extremely satisfied with the DROID DNA, and can not wait for the HTC One to come out on Verizon. I don't think I could ever go back to the iToy, it feels so out dated compared to the latest Androids. I cringe from thinking about what iOS 7 will look like on my iPad.
I think I had 5 or 6 original Droids, then a Droid 2 for like two days and then it basically fried up on me, and then the crappy Sammy Fascinate.

I have an iPad, too. Sadly I don't think I'll completely jump ship when it comes to Apple's tablet unless Android comes out with one that outperforms it.

SouthernDroid

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I think I had 5 or 6 original Droids, then a Droid 2 for like two days and then it basically fried up on me, and then the crappy Sammy Fascinate.

I have an iPad, too. Sadly I don't think I'll completely jump ship when it comes to Apple's tablet unless Android comes out with one that outperforms it.

I only have an iPad because I spent a decent amount of money on iOS apps. What pisses me off to no end is that some are only able to work on the iPhone, and look distorted when enlarged on my iPad Mini. I have never seen this on Android. I do have a Nexus 7 as well, which I picked up only because it was inexpensive and I wanted an e-reader.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This is not true!!! when the HTC DNA was dropped to $99 we hoped that we would get a release date then a short time later it went back up to $199, so today I check Verizon's site and find the DNA for $49 on 2 yr. contract. They probably do this to get rid of extra stock and we can only hope that they are getting close to a release date sometime late this summer :( While continuing to look at VZ site all HTC phones are $49 maybe big red is dropping HTC LOL
:confused: