My wife is going to kill me!

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
K, I just got the 32 GB S4 last month, but damnit, i had to do it! As soon as I saw the $50 off deal from wirefly, it was a done deal. That's it! No more upgrades! Somebody help me!

Last edited:

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: My is going to kill me!

So you used two upgrades instead of selling the S4 and getting the One at full retail??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site

So you used two upgrades instead of selling the S4 and getting the One at full retail??

Yes, I'm keeping both for now. I may get rid of my S4 if I fall in love with the One. I guess this is more of a 14 day challenge with the One, I will return it if I don't like it. I pick it up from the store later.

But yeah, I know somebody who was able to get me an early upgrade...Upgraded both on my dummy line, so I still have unlimited.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Oh wow. That's cool you have two great phones. My wife would kill me if I took her upgrade too. Just have to wait for the Moto X to make an informed decision.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife told me to get it bc the One was initially the phone I really wanted. When Verizon first announced they won't be releasing the One I literally cussed up a storm and gave in to the S4. And now BAM! Right in my face with a surprise release. I told her I won't get it because I will have to pay full retail considering I already used my upgrade for the S4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My wife told me to get it bc the One was initially the phone I really wanted. When Verizon first announced they won't be releasing the One I literally cussed up a storm and gave in to the S4. And now BAM! Right in my face with a surprise release. I told her I won't get it because I will have to pay full retail considering I already used my upgrade for the S4.

Bro, you can always get new line and transfer it to your primary

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Bro, you can always get new line and transfer it to your primary

And then pay the $375 early termination fee for the line he doesn't need? And as silly as this may sound I'm really tempted to switch to Tmobile just because of their new JUMP program. 4 upgrades in 2 years sure beats verizon's crappy 1 upgrade in 2 years. However I'm definitely gonna test Tmobile's coverage in my area before I switch, because that's one thing that's been great with vzw.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
And then pay the $375 early termination fee for the line he doesn't need? And as silly as this may sound I'm really tempted to switch to Tmobile just because of their new JUMP program. 4 upgrades in 2 years sure beats verizon's crappy 1 upgrade in 2 years. However I'm definitely gonna test Tmobile's coverage in my area before I switch, because that's one thing that's been great with vzw.

You can add a dummy phone to that line and pay 9.99 a month. That's ~$240 dollars over the 24 month contract, plus the $199 up front is $440 for the phone. Cheaper than the $599 it retails for.

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Why terminate when its 9.99 a month? I pay like 99 a month for both lines after my job discount but this include equipment protection. So that makes 2 upgrades in two years :)

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You can add a dummy phone to that line and pay 9.99 a month. That's ~$240 dollars over the 24 month contract, plus the $199 up front is $440 for the phone. Cheaper than the $599 it retails for.

Why terminate when its 9.99 a month? I pay like 99 a month for both lines after my job discount but this include equipment protection. So that makes 2 upgrades in two years :)

Would either of you guys like to tell me how to go about adding a dummy line for only $10/month? I have a really old Samsung Trance lying around which I could add to a second line, but I don't know how you guys are getting the $10/month?? Thanks

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Don't you have to include data on the dummy line if you get a smartphone? That's like $9.99 + 30=$40/mo

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't you have to include data on the dummy line if you get a smartphone? That's like $9.99 + 30=$40/mo

Wouldn't you just add it to the family share plan and pay the $10 a month line fee?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site

No data drops off the second you activate the dumb phone

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Would either of you guys like to tell me how to go about adding a dummy line for only $10/month? I have a really old Samsung Trance lying around which I could add to a second line, but I don't know how you guys are getting the $10/month?? Thanks

Add a line (nationwide plan), get a smartphone (HTC One). Put your SIM into the HTC One. The HTC One is now on your line. Call or go online and activate your dumb-phone on that new line. Then, online, drop the data plan. You are now only paying for 9.99 for an extra line.

See the below responses.

Wouldn't you just add it to the family share plan and pay the $10 a month line fee?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Yup!

No data drops off the second you activate the dumb phone

Correcto!