New Pictures in Official Cases

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it looks amazing, but i can't decide...ice cream which it better frickn get... between this or the galaxy nexus... i mean it already has ice cream...just not with beats, or an awesome red design...

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide whether to get this or the Moto Droid RAZR!!! They both look extremely nice and have great specs but I love the construction and the size of the RAZR. I know the Vigor will have the edge on the RAZR in the performance department but the RAZR's build quality seems to be so much better. Please help me decide! Oh and I'm totally not calling the Vigor by that other name :mad:

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
something doesn't add up from the pictures from a couple weeks ago to these now. Maybe I'm missing something but it just seems that there two different phones. All speculation isn't worth the hype until a announcement is made

May 28, 2011
Visit site
something doesn't add up from the pictures from a couple weeks ago to these now. Maybe I'm missing something but it just seems that there two different phones. All speculation isn't worth the hype until a announcement is made

looks the same to me minus the red soft keys. im not sure why they chose that color?

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I mean how do you guys feel about this device? Other then being a HTC product. There phones look almost the same. Not going to say anything bad about there company. But the razr has a totally different cool look and the Nexus I mean its the you like it or don't. I was expecting something more from HTC in that department. They need to have a press release like tomorrow!

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the look of this phone. Love the black and red color scheme. Love the hot rod red case too. Although I will probably get both the red and straight black case and swap them out depending on how I feel at the time. Some type of company sponsored hype is way over due for this phone though. Moto and Sammy have done their thing, now its your turn at bat HTC.

rossguy

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Going to be a really tough call between this and the Nexus. Faster processor and slightly smaller phone vs ICS, quick updates, NFC, and a LARGE 4.65" screen.... I wish it was a little smaller but I am leaning towards the Nexus. Votes?

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't decide whether to get this or the Moto Droid RAZR!!! They both look extremely nice and have great specs but I love the construction and the size of the RAZR. I know the Vigor will have the edge on the RAZR in the performance department but the RAZR's build quality seems to be so much better. Please help me decide! Oh and I'm totally not calling the Vigor by that other name :mad:

Just call it the Rez...

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This will have horrendous battery life because HTC pretty much always sucks at power efficiency. And I hate that the charging port is on the side. Should be on bottom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Bearly,

Where do you see that the charging port is on the side?

He's probably referring to the pics that leaked a few weeks ago. They were apparently from a tester. The charging port is in the same spot as the Tbolt and the Incredibles. In fact, going by those pics thecharging port for the Rezound is the same as the OG Incredible, which is a modified micro usb. In that phone that modified port allowed for a tv out cable (modified micro usb to L R V RCA a/v connectors). Perhaps they are going to allow it to work with the Incredible's tv out cable, and possibly have a anotherr one with an HDMI instead of RCA on the other end.

Bearly, I think a couple or reasons why it's on the side. First for car and desktop docks, so the connector is part of the dock, rather than a short cable that plugs into the bottom. Also, I've seen a few times where having the charging port on the bottom could be a bad thing. Some people place their phone in their car's cupholder. My borther did that with a Moto flip phone that had a charging port on the bottom. There was some moisture in the cup holder and it shorted out the phone. Maybe not as big a reason as with the docks to have the port on the side, but I could see that being an issue for some.

Htc fan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I might be the only one but I hate the red accents. Especially the speaker grill. Looks like a toy to me and it's the one thing I hate about the incredible too. I wish they had the option to get either red or silver, rather then forcing it on us. I know it's kinda dumb but it might be the only reason why I don't get this phone. Idk

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I might be the only one but I hate the red accents. Especially the speaker grill. Looks like a toy to me and it's the one thing I hate about the incredible too. I wish they had the option to get either red or silver, rather then forcing it on us. I know it's kinda dumb but it might be the only reason why I don't get this phone. Idk

Wow, I guess beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder because I LOVE the red accents. That's half of what makes the phone look so cool to me. Not to mention it semi shuts up the people who say you can't tell HTC phones apart. On top of that when I saw the red case I was very impressed. I mean normally I am a reserved person but that red case says "Look at me damn it. Have you ever seen something so red hot? No I didn't think so!" Speaking of which, has anyone actually found a site selling those that has them in stock. I've seen them for sale on 2 sites but they're both out of stock.

username235

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This will have horrendous battery life because HTC pretty much always sucks at power efficiency. And I hate that the charging port is on the side. Should be on bottom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I would absolutely hate it if the charging port was on the bottom, it makes me think of my older flip phones and such. Because of it being on the bottom on an older phone, I completely messed up my charger due to it falling down, and of course since it was on the bottom, it bent the metal usb part. So, I'm glad it's on the side, makes it more convenient, and safe.

And I love the red accents. It would be pretty nice if it came in a silver, or something version though, give people more to choose from, looks-wise.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I would absolutely hate it if the charging port was on the bottom, it makes me think of my older flip phones and such. Because of it being on the bottom on an older phone, I completely messed up my charger due to it falling down, and of course since it was on the bottom, it bent the metal usb part. So, I'm glad it's on the side, makes it more convenient, and safe.

And I love the red accents. It would be pretty nice if it came in a silver, or something version though, give people more to choose from, looks-wise.

I actually use my smartphone for what most phones are meant for... talking on them... and I frequently have to charge my phone while I'm talking on it... and I cannot stand USB cord sticking out of the side of the phone when I'm trying to talk on it (like on my wife's MyTouch 4G). I'm not looking forward to upgrading my EVO because every damn new phone has the USB port on the side... these phone designers should be punched in the mouth for this. My desk phone at work or my home phone doesn't have the cord sticking out of the side of the handset... that's because it would be ergonomically stupid. So why make the cord stick out of the side of these cellphones... do these designers really think that you're never going to talk on the phone while it's charging!!!

Oh and by the way, when you're talking on the phone (with the USB port on the side) while it's plugged and the cord is being pulled down sideways is a lot harder on the USB port and easier to break it than if the cord is being pulled straight down like on phones with port on bottom. Which is why the USB port on my wife's phone doesn't work half the time and mine work fine. Just saying!!

username235

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually use my smartphone for what most phones are meant for... talking on them... and I frequently have to charge my phone while I'm talking on it... and I cannot stand USB cord sticking out of the side of the phone when I'm trying to talk on it (like on my wife's MyTouch 4G). I'm not looking forward to upgrading my EVO because every damn new phone has the USB port on the side... these phone designers should be punched in the mouth for this. My desk phone at work or my home phone doesn't have the cord sticking out of the side of the handset... that's because it would be ergonomically stupid. So why make the cord stick out of the side of these cellphones... do these designers really think that you're never going to talk on the phone while it's charging!!!

Oh and by the way, when you're talking on the phone (with the USB port on the side) while it's plugged and the cord is being pulled down sideways is a lot harder on the USB port and easier to break it than if the cord is being pulled straight down like on phones with port on bottom. Which is why the USB port on my wife's phone doesn't work half the time and mine work fine. Just saying!!

That's if you tug the cord, and I'm smarter than that. And yeah, I actually use my phone as a phone most of the time too, don't act like the only one. But the reason it broke was because I was standing up, talking on the phone, and the heavy phone fell straight down and landed on my carpet, on the cord, and bent the usb. But I do see the usefulness of it being on bottom, I think it'd be pretty nice for a lot of things, actually. I think someone else mentioned it, they do it because of docks they make for phone, and it would be easier to have it on the side for them...I don't even use docks so that doesn't matter to me.