Rezound VS Droid Razr?

Rich Coralli

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Picked the rezound up yesterday about 2 pm and it had about a 20% charge. After 3.5 hours of heavy use ?setting up, surfing and playing music? the battery was down to nothing. The battery took about an hour and a half to fully charge. I?m not expecting great battery life for the next couple of weeks since that?s what it took the battery in my DX to even out. I thought the whole beats thing was a marketing ploy but I was wrong. It boosts the volume and really enhances the music! This phone is fast and smooth. We have great 4g coverage in this area so surfing off wi-fi was very fast. This is my first HTC with sense so I am still getting use to it but so far I am very pleased!
please post your real life battery performance in the battery thread. Thank you

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Comparing the display of the Razr and Rezound side by side makes the Razr look really bad. The Razr looks like a dim, pixelated and oversaturated mess compared to the Rezound. Did not expect this. This is comparing both at full brightness, but the Rezound at 50% is brighter than the Razr at 100%.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Comparing the display of the Razr and Rezound side by side makes the Razr look really bad. The Razr looks like a dim, pixelated and oversaturated mess compared to the Rezound. Did not expect this. This is comparing both at full brightness, but the Rezound at 50% is brighter than the Razr at 100%.

I can't comment on the Rezound, but the Razr is not pixelated or oversaturated. Although I wouldn't doubt the Rezound screen looks better than the Razr as it's resolution is much higher, but to say the Razr looks like crap is BS.

Reactions: AeroEngi

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
wirefly showed a side by side with the razr and rezound and the razr looked way better the colors were brighter and cleaner and I have the razr its very visible in sunlight I'm not sure if the rezound is but my thunderbolt was not visible in sunlight.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I traded my RAZR in for a Rezound. I preferred the phone to be a bit more narrow even if it made it a bit thicker. I find the Rezound screen to be better, the colors seem more accurate and no pixelation, which bothered me immensely with the new Moto phones. The RAZR has better sunlight visibility without question.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I traded my RAZR in for a Rezound. I preferred the phone to be a bit more narrow even if it made it a bit thicker. I find the Rezound screen to be better, the colors seem more accurate and no pixelation, which bothered me immensely with the new Moto phones. The RAZR has better sunlight visibility without question.

Quite honestly, for the the Razr is too thin. It would probably break if I had it in my pocket and forgot and sat down.

The Rezound seems perfect to me.

eikphoto

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on the Rezound, but the Razr is not pixelated or oversaturated. Although I wouldn't doubt the Rezound screen looks better than the Razr as it's resolution is much higher, but to say the Razr looks like crap is BS.

I had the RAZR and after looking at the screen for the past 5 days I will say (mind you that's only an opinion of mine) it is the worst screen I have had on a phone in the past year. While looking at pictures its pretty good but when you look at small text it gets very jagged around the edges. That's the only thing I missed about the iPhone 4, was the crisp text. Rezound is outstanding in this regard. Take it for what its worth.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the Razr and looked at the Rezound and by far the Razr has a much better screen. But from reading a few blogs I would say there is some defective Razrs out there.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
#poll Need a new phone, my DX died, RAZR or Rezound until the Nexus comes out? twtpoll.com/1muox2

I just want to see what people think now that they have been available for a few days.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Razr and looked at the Rezound and by far the Razr has a much better screen. But from reading a few blogs I would say there is some defective Razrs out there.

What do you mean? Spec wise the rezound screen is far better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I went and held both today in store and the rezound actually felt better in hand. The razr seemed awkward how wide it was and with it being so thin it felt like it would be more prone to break. Maybe that is just me.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I switched from the Bolt to the Bionic .... & the Bionic screen was better, especially in the sun. My FedEx guy had a Bionic & when I looked at his, it just looked bad! There seems to be Good or bad on the Moto screens!! That's not good. But .... My bionic was worse in every other way than my previous 4 Bolts!

Cheers :)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Rezound since it was first talked about way back in the Vigor days.

<SNIP>

Personally for me, I prefer a slightly thicker phone, it feels more comfortable and secure when holding. All the people that bash the Rezound for being to thick - DON'T BUY IT! But you don't need to keep pointing it out and bashing it continually.

I am in the same boat there, I have the extended battery on my Bionic BECAUSE I wanted it to be a little thicker. I find the Razr and GSII to be awkward to hold personally.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound brings the goods as far as the hardware goes -- it's basically equivalent to the RAZR in every relevant stat, except that it is thicker and has a removable battery.

Actually the specs are BETTER on the Rezound. 1.5 Qualcom processor vs a 1.2 Ghz TI processor on the Razr. That being said the TI processor is arguably more efficient so it is probably a wash performance wise. Both phones are amazing ;)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Incredible since day one and I'm scared to pay for something new. Seems like all the new phones have more problems then mine. When are they going to make another high end phone that you can carry in your pocket?

The Incredible has had plenty if issues. The battery life sucked big time until it got Froyo (remember it shipped with Eclair), low memory issues have been a constant issue for almost anyone with one, and the Gingerbread update has been problematic for many. For two months many of us were stuck with phones that thought they were Sprint Evo's because HTC took some code from the Evo update and didn't change some values, and apps copied to the SD card poofing when the phone was rebooted; then waited two months to push a fix which some people still haven't managed to get.

Each phone has issues. That's just how it is. If you like your DInc and none of the new devices really send you then by all means keep it until you find something that does, but don't use a perceived increase in issues on newer phones dissuade you from getting something if you really want it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I would get the rezound over the razr one because I don't like the look of the razr and two because I hate blur even the new ui that is used isn't good. After owning a DROID incredible 2 and the droid3 I would take the dinc2 hands down. If this feels anything like it in hand with a better camera im shyer this will be a great phone. But sadly the nexus and ics call my name. But if that doesn't work out here I come rezound shoot may pick one up for a week just to try it out and see if all the hype about beats etc is worth it

Actually if anything this feels BETTER than the DInc2 in the hand.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Non removable battery can be a problem if
you need to spend a lot of time in the field or if you have to force a reboot on a locked up device.
It should never be a problem, but unfortunately it can be.

Vol Down + Power will force the Razr to reboot even if the device is completely locked, just like it does on the Xoom.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

It's a much more popular phone so it is only natural that there would be more defective units, it is also more of a high profile device so more people are writing about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer