Best Buy was selling Rezound today (11/13/11)

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess I missed something, but I thought the HTC Rezound was supposed to go on sale Monday, November 14? I was kind of surprised to wander into Best Buy today to find them on sale and display.

Played with it for a few minutes. They had the bulky/cushy Beats headphones attached and the sound was amazing! Those big, thick Beats headphones sell for $199.99. The rep said that the Beats headphones included with the phone are the earbud ones.

As I was scrolling through the apps and such, I was shocked out how "laggy" it was. Could this have something to do with what Best Buy loaded on it or what? I feel like my Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) is more responsive to touch.

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's probably fine, but something just seemed slightly odd when I scrolled through the apps. There seemed to be a very slight lag from when I moved my finger to when the screen started scrolling. It certainly felt different than my Galaxy S. But, then again, I've never owned an HTC. Maybe they just function a bit differently?

It looks like a pretty fantastic phone though. I'm still waiting for the Galaxy Nexus, but I would probably go with the Rezound next. I've had horrible experiences with my Motodroids, so I'm very cautious with Motorola. Plus, a non-removable battery is a non-negotiable for me. I love the fact that I can carry backup batteries for those long days without a charger.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried to buy 2 today at Best Buy, but the system wouldn't let them activate the phones, they are holding them for me until tomorrow. I'm with AT&T now, but am tempted to switch to Verizon because they same to be getting all the good phones. I was initially going to buy 2 phones today, 1 for me and 1 for my wife, but now I may just get one for me to test out for the time being...

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
It's probably fine, but something just seemed slightly odd when I scrolled through the apps. There seemed to be a very slight lag from when I moved my finger to when the screen started scrolling. It certainly felt different than my Galaxy S. But, then again, I've never owned an HTC. Maybe they just function a bit differently?

It looks like a pretty fantastic phone though. I'm still waiting for the Galaxy Nexus, but I would probably go with the Rezound next. I've had horrible experiences with my Motodroids, so I'm very cautious with Motorola. Plus, a non-removable battery is a non-negotiable for me. I love the fact that I can carry backup batteries for those long days without a charger.

I think what you were experiencing in the app drawer was because they made it scroll like vertical "pages" instead of continuous scrolling.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried to buy 2 today at Best Buy, but the system wouldn't let them activate the phones, they are holding them for me until tomorrow. I'm with AT&T now, but am tempted to switch to Verizon because they same to be getting all the good phones. I was initially going to buy 2 phones today, 1 for me and 1 for my wife, but now I may just get one for me to test out for the time being...

The service alone will impress you. You wont regret the switch

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been with AT&T since 2006, I switch between new phones a lot, which is my only concern, maybe I won't waste as much money on phones if I stick with Verizon, I wasn't even going to try them out, until I heard that you can switch SIM cards between 4G phones without having to call Verizon to activate them, which is the main reason I have stuck with AT&T through all the years. It seems that Verizon gets all the good HTC phones these days...I picked up an HTC Vivid, and while it is a pretty damn nice phone, it is nothing mind blowing, and I hate the glossy plastic they built it out of.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been with AT&T since 2006, I switch between new phones a lot, which is my only concern, maybe I won't waste as much money on phones if I stick with Verizon, I wasn't even going to try them out, until I heard that you can switch SIM cards between 4G phones without having to call Verizon to activate them, which is the main reason I have stuck with AT&T through all the years. It seems that Verizon gets all the good HTC phones these days...I picked up an HTC Vivid, and while it is a pretty damn nice phone, it is nothing mind blowing, and I hate the glossy plastic they built it out of.

You can but not all 4G phones use the same SIM card for example the Thunderbolt, Charge, and Revolution use a full size SIM but the RAZR and Stratosphere use MicroSIM cards. Does anyone know what the Rezound uses? I was dumb and didn't ask or look today when the guy at the VZW store let me play with one today. :-/

As for having to call Verizon to activate a 3G phone on VZW that hasn't been the case in several years. Simply power down the old phone and call *228 from the handset you want to activate and select option 3 and follow the prompts (will ask for the mobile number you want to activate it on and the last 4 of the account holders SSN). This works as long as the line has a compatible calling plan and and required add-ons (ie data plan) for the phone. If neither of these are the case then you need to call in or vising MyVerizon, and even if you were on AT&T and these were not the case you would need to call in SIM card or no SIM card.

EDIT: If you hate glossy plastic take a look at Samsung phones... way worse :(

Reactions: KoukiFC3S