Battery Life?

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I know there was a battery life thread started, but it turned into a what kind of battery and what settings are you using thread. I currently have a Droid Charge and am interested in a GNex, but am contemplating getting the Rezound instead. What is everyone's battery life like? If anyone is coming from a Charge, a comparison to that would be perfect!

Thanks,
Bryan

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery Life?????

Before this, I had a charge and a thunderbolt. The Rezound is hands down better than the charge in the battery life department. By 3pm with my usual fairly heavy use I'd be at 30%. With my Rezound I'm at 55% and I'm pretty sure I use it even more now. You see some people that bought the extended battery and returned it because the good battery life on standard was so good.

Make no mistake, 4g still sucks up juice. But the Rezound...I don't know if it's how the dual core processor handles power or what, but its definitely better and given me faith in HTC after the horrible experience I had with the bolt

Reactions: Johnj1978

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I have awesome battery life! Better then my stock DX battery! I got an extended battery for the X while with the rezound I will be happy with stock!

Reactions: Johnj1978

saccolid

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

The battery life is definitely decent compared to some earlier attempts. The stock Incredible being a particularly unpleasant experience. I just got the extended in the mail today anyway because I tend to just sit on the thing for hours and need it. Also switching from ATK to Mobo TK as a task killer, then leaving it on auto-optimize gave me a few more hours.

Another nice feature is that you can change the power settings on this one for when you get low. There is a battery profile that you can change to economy when you are down to a certain %. This can stretch out that last 20% or however you set it.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

its definitely better and given me faith in HTC after the horrible experience I had with the bolt

Uhhh, maybe because it has a higher capacity battery than the Thunderbolt??

I put a Rezound battery in my Thunderbolt yesterday morning ($20 at the VZW store) and it lasted all day without charging. First time that's ever happened.

IOW, all I'm saying is that the Rezound MIGHT not be any better than the TB. It might just be the fact that the stock Rezound battery is better than the stock TB battery. 1620mAh vs 1400mAh, I think.

I was all set to spend the big bucks to ditch my TB and get a Rezound or a Nexus, just because of having to charge my TB multiple times per day. Now that I've experiencing the Rezound battery goodness, I may end up keeping my TB. As far as I know, the Rezound doesn't actually DO anything that my TB doesn't (unless you count Beats, which I don't give a rip about). The screen on the Rezound is actually slightly narrower than the TB screen and the phone overall doesn't feel any smaller.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Another nice feature is that you can change the power settings on this one for when you get low. There is a battery profile that you can change to economy when you are down to a certain %. This can stretch out that last 20% or however you set it.

Don't know about other phones, but you could do the same thing with the Thunderbolt. Just FYI.

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Uhhh, maybe because it has a higher capacity battery than the Thunderbolt??

I put a Rezound battery in my Thunderbolt yesterday morning ($20 at the VZW store) and it lasted all day without charging. First time that's ever happened.

IOW, all I'm saying is that the Rezound MIGHT not be any better than the TB. It might just be the fact that the stock Rezound battery is better than the stock TB battery. 1620mAh vs 1400mAh, I think.

I was all set to spend the big bucks to ditch my TB and get a Rezound or a Nexus, just because of having to charge my TB multiple times per day. Now that I've experiencing the Rezound battery goodness, I may end up keeping my TB. As far as I know, the Rezound doesn't actually DO anything that my TB doesn't (unless you count Beats, which I don't give a rip about). The screen on the Rezound is actually slightly narrower than the TB screen and the phone overall doesn't feel any smaller.

Sure! Maybe a mere 200mah gave a drastic difference in battery life. Maybe not. My girlfriend used my spare Rezound battery in her bolt and said she didn't notice any difference in battery life

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I just bought my first android phone- the rezound. I have used blackberrys for the last few years.

The battery life sucks and is probably the worst thing about this otherwise great phone.

I wake up at 6AM, unplug it and go to work. If I don't plug it into my charger right away, battery will be ~40-50% by 11AM. That's more than a full 24 hours would drain my old bold.

I have to keep this phone plugged in all the time because I don't want it to run out.

I'm a little worried about when 4G comes to my area sometime next year because everybody says it uses more battery than 3G.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

I just bought my first android phone- the rezound. I have used blackberrys for the last few years.

The battery life sucks and is probably the worst thing about this otherwise great phone.

I wake up at 6AM, unplug it and go to work. If I don't plug it into my charger right away, battery will be ~40-50% by 11AM. That's more than a full 24 hours would drain my old bold.

I have to keep this phone plugged in all the time because I don't want it to run out.

I'm a little worried about when 4G comes to my area sometime next year because everybody says it uses more battery than 3G.

Welcome to a whole new world... this is par for the course with Android. You are going to find this regardless of what Android phone you choose. As much as I love Blackberry (I also have a Bold 9930) you just cant compare them. An Android phone is like a miniature computer in your pocket.

Freebird808

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
This is also my first Android. Finally got the 4G working by pulling the battery yesterday. 4G has been working since. Battery life was bad and is now even worse. I just picked up one of those portable charge devices 5600mAh. Life is sweet again. I don't like the bulk of the extended battery always on the phone. Plus, given the numbers I would still need to charge it sometime during the day. Now I just plug into the portable charger when I need to.

70% after 3 hours. Used skype IM, 4g sync to 3 gmail accounts twice.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
This is also my first Android. Finally got the 4G working by pulling the battery yesterday. 4G has been working since. Battery life was bad and is now even worse. I just picked up one of those portable charge devices 5600mAh. Life is sweet again. I don't like the bulk of the extended battery always on the phone. Plus, given the numbers I would still need to charge it sometime during the day. Now I just plug into the portable charger when I need to.

70% after 3 hours. Used skype IM, 4g sync to 3 gmail accounts twice.

Having 4g on will definitely drain the battery, but there are things that can be done to make it a bit better. I came from the Thunderbolt so I'm used to the not so good life. I'd recommend setting the sync of your accounts to manual and turning off applications you don't need to sync. Also putting the brightness down is helpful too. Although I don't do that because it's a bit of a hassel to switch it back and forth depending on where you are (outside/inside/light/dark). So far though the battery life hasn't been too horrible for me. Just need to get it rooted so I can get sense off it and do some more tweaking :)

silvertone3

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

There may be a pattern here! I too had bad battery life with the one that came with the phone,so I bought a 2nd standard size( 1/2 price sale ) and it almost doubled my up time with same amount of use. I haven't put the original back in since.
I also had the same thing happen with my Thunderbolt. Anyone else experience this?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The battery life was better on the Razr but not far off from the Rezound. With a 4g device you have to expect short battery life.

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

There may be a pattern here! I too had bad battery life with the one that came with the phone,so I bought a 2nd standard size( 1/2 price sale ) and it almost doubled my up time with same amount of use. I haven't put the original back in since.
I also had the same thing happen with my Thunderbolt. Anyone else experience this?

I'm fairly sure I have a bad battery. I noticed my Rezound heats up under light usage (checking emails / Facebook). I d/led System Panel to get a track on that (110 degs) but noticed something else more important:

I was down to about 20% battery so I put it on the AC charger around 8 pm. At 10:30 pm with 0 usage, it had barely reached 50% charge.

I've never had a phone charge that slowly with no usage. And I'm coming from a Droid Charge and have a lte upgraded Xoom. I'm hitting the VZ store tomorrow for a new battery and see what happens

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good. I noticed, and i thought this was crazy when people said this, that the more i charge it the longer it seems to be lasting. The first couple days the life wasn't so great but on that 4th and 5th day, it started to get better

2011-11-21_22-20-47.jpg

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
like everything about this pic ^ except vcast media manager....ewww...lol...i use spotify and its gona suck having to "pirate" the music to the main music player to use beats audio because i actually have beats...but good song and i hope i have the same luck when i get mine sat or mon.

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the 2750mAh extended battery. I unplug my phone from the charger at 6:45am. I keep my screen on full brightness, use live wallpapers, leave 4g on all the time (unless I'm on Wi-Fi), leave on GPS, use Bluetooth when in the car. I download tons of apps, play games, stream slacker radio, cruise the web reading the news, mess around installing different widgets and wallpapers, and take some photos. I talk for an hour or so, and do some texting. I usually have more than 30% of battery power left when I go to bed at midnight. The phone with the extended battery and case is a thick, heavy brick, but it feels good and solid in my hand, and lasts all day with heavy use.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good. I noticed, and i thought this was crazy when people said this, that the more i charge it the longer it seems to be lasting. The first couple days the life wasn't so great but on that 4th and 5th day, it started to get better

Click to view quoted image

Gingerbread takes almost a week to figure out how you use your phone, trying to figure out which apps you use, which you don't and such, to optimize battery level. This is why task killers are not helpful. Sometimes if you use an app a bit during the day, say email, it takes less power to just leave it running than to start it up all the time. Gingerbread needs a while to learn which apps need to stay on, and which to shut down. I also think this is why people who "optimize" a lithium ion battery in an android phone think it works. They are conditioning the battery for days, but really, the software is just becoming more efficient with power.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be decent. I get about 6-7 hours for my extended battery. That is in a 4g area, and running pandora for about an hour or so. Im happy with it I suppose.