V CAST Media Manager - how to completely disable ?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Even though I already have music videos and movies unchecked under settings, my phone still tries to sync, unsuccessfully, with the v cast manager every single morning. there is no option to turn it off. This has to be draining battery needlessly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Even though I already have music videos and movies unchecked under settings, my phone still tries to sync, unsuccessfully, with the v cast manager every single morning. there is no option to turn it off. This has to be draining battery needlessly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Only real option is to use temp root to freeze it. Check the root section for an easy way. I know not everyone wants to root but that's the true and only answer at this point.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Root is the only way to get rid of that garbage on the phone. There is a temp. root out, but it gets rid of the root as soon as your phone is restarted.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Head over to the ROMs and Hacks sub-section of this forum. Or if you're lazy:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...ntool-1-1-11-29-even-cleaner-than-before.html

This is a temp root, but the difference with this one is that the root is gone only if you do a hard reset, not a reboot.

Whoa there, I think you mean that the apps stay frozen until you do a hard/factory reset. Root disappears when you reboot but anything you disable with this script stays that way.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Whoa there, I think you mean that the apps stay frozen until you do a hard/factory reset. Root disappears when you reboot but anything you disable with this script stays that way.

You're right. I re-read it and it doesn't make sense. I had rooting on my mind when writing.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I think we all have root on the brain these days...First I was waiting for the Galaxy Nexus...gave up on that and got the Rezound...now I'm waiting on permanent root...ugh. Why is everything about waiting? lol

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I think we all have root on the brain these days...First I was waiting for the Galaxy Nexus...gave up on that and got the Rezound...now I'm waiting on permanent root...ugh. Why is everything about waiting? lol

Scoot over and pass me a paddle, I'm in the same boat as you.
Not that I mind HTC Sense, but I strongly dislike the lack of control, it's not even the bloat itself.
I'm a little bothered by the fact that I keep seeing alpha and beta ports of ICS for the Incredible, Fascinate, Nexus One, etc, but not even a peep on the Rezound. I'm assuming it's because we don't even have a permanent root, but still. I suspect we're in for quite the wait.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Scoot over and pass me a paddle, I'm in the same boat as you.
Not that I mind HTC Sense, but I strongly dislike the lack of control, it's not even the bloat itself.
I'm a little bothered by the fact that I keep seeing alpha and beta ports of ICS for the Incredible, Fascinate, Nexus One, etc, but not even a peep on the Rezound. I'm assuming it's because we don't even have a permanent root, but still. I suspect we're in for quite the wait.

There are alphas of ICS on the Rezound. A few lucky people got developer phones with S-Off and they're already Rom'ing.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't even mind the 'bloat' - I do begin to mind, however, when it actively tries to sync non-existent data on a daily basis without being able to be stopped....

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
How do I remove that "media manager" crap from my computer? Ever since I connected as a USB drive, it self-installed and there is no uninstall for it.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
How do I remove that "media manager" crap from my computer? Ever since I connected as a USB drive, it self-installed and there is no uninstall for it.

Media Manager is on the phone itself, so it pops open once you plug in your phone.
It should only open up on your internet browser, though.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
let me know how that works out..... even when I do that - the phone attempts to sync, and errors out

I have not had it error out yet. I don't even remember it trying to sync after I did that. Although I have it set to sync very early in the morning when Im not up yet.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Any new word on this? I find that every time I UNCHECK music, pictures, and videos - they magically re-check themselves the next day, and I see all my stuff uploading without my permission....

Frustrated,

Mat!

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Another way to stop vcast music etc is to go online to disable/block the vcast stuff on your account. Does stop the sync, but also cuts off being able to go into "Store" to shop with stock music player app. Kinda good since I don't need any more temptation to spend.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Another way to stop vcast music etc is to go online to disable/block the vcast stuff on your account. Does stop the sync, but also cuts off being able to go into "Store" to shop with stock music player app. Kinda good since I don't need any more temptation to spend.

Go online where? In my case, vCast Manager starts on my PC every time I reboot it. I tried to find it among my Startup programs (through msconfig) and couldn't. If I close it, once I plug in my phone, it's back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch